+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dr. Farjo

Cool Dr. Farjo

I have had a hair transplant performed two weeks ago by Dr Bessam Farjo of the Farjo medical centre in Manchester.

I have been suffering hair loss for quite some years now but by stabilising it with meds over the last few years i thought it was finely time to go for a ht.
    I did a year of research from clinics in Turkey and the USA canada and finely came to the conclusion to stay in the uk and that Dr Farjo was the man for me.

After meeting with the liaison manager Mick and Dr Farjo at the consultation i knew i had made the right decision.They were very informative throught and not salesman like at all which i liked.

So ht day 6 April there i was at the Farjo clinic after a nice relaxing evening at a hotel close to the clinic(which by the way they arranged for me).
    I met Dr Farjo and was told what would happen that day,he then checked my BP and then i was given i mild sedative to relax me.I was then ushered to the surgery room which was immaculately clean and state of the art.

Dr Farjo drew my hairline and showed me where he was putting the grafts and if i was happy with everything.Then it was time to remove the donor strip,the donor area was injected with anaesthetic a few needle pricks but relatively painless and the donor strip removed which i never felt a thing then stapled the donor up.The incisions were made for the grafts (again no pain during this).Then came the planting of the grafts which was done by Nilofer Farjo and there team (so basically your getting two transplant surgeons for the price of one).2O87 grafts were placed which was more than the 1700 i paid for.

All the medical staff were attentive all the way through the procedure offering me drinks snacks a nice lunch and a choice of dvds to watch.Overall the procedure was comfortable painless and quite relaxing.

After the procedure i was issued with a aftercare pack containing post-op medication shampoo lotions and washing instructions.

The whole day i felt cared for and in positive hands of people who know what they are doing and put there patients first.
    I would recommend anybody looking into getting a ht to highly consider Dr Farjo and his team.

I would just like to say a special thank you to Dr Farjo,Mick and the whole team for looking after me.

Had my staples out and the donor area is healing nicely.
    Now for the long ride ahead the waiting game, at least it something to look forward to and to be put on the back burner for now.

It’s always good to hear about good experiences. Please keep us updated. Do you have any photos you can post?

Have no pics at the minute will post some when i get them.

don1?
    you're going to update us soon right, or you'll come across as some relative of the Farjos, glowing review in your very first post and all that ...then nothing!

Let us know how you're feeling whatever it may be, how's it looking, you pleased, would you advise a HT, Farjo team etc etc etc...!?

personal experiences is quite possbile the back bone of the forum.

i hope you and your follicles are doing really well.

regards, 57mph

Default 2 month update

Ok 2 month update,

Everything has healed very nicely now.No growth yet infact my hair is looking thinner right now maybe shockloss or seasonal shed.
    Just had my haircut really short on the back and sides and you carn`t even see any scar healing nicely.

So over all everything is going great just the long waiting game now

Oh and 57mph i would recomend having an HT with Farjo and team Fantastic experience,we now wait and see the results.

Thumbs up

Thanks for the update. Everything sounds like it’s progressing normally. Good luck and keep us posted.

Wasn't he the guy from InterCytex?

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch_Dude View Post
    Wasn't he the guy from InterCytex?
    Yes. There was a number of reasons why it failed. Here's the thing with hair cloning, Ken Washenik is saying we can have this on the market sometime in 2014 but Farjo and Bernstein are saying within in decade but right towards the end of the decade. Should we go for somewhere in the middle. 2016/17?

Aderans seemed to be making a lot of progress. Way cool results of their first protocol.