Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tenex
    • Apr 2011

My Hair Transplant Topic

I have just done my surgery last Tuesday 12th of April 2011. 2600 grafts (they said they did 2700 since they try to accommodate for 10% extra).

I am planning to make updates in this topic through out the next year but if you have any questions I can answer, I would be happy to do so.

For now I am really trying to play it safe to not dislodge any grafts. I have discomfort in the donor area, a little discomfort in recipient area, and a lot of swelling on my forehead, around the eyes and on the bridge of my nose that has made me resemble a character from a sci-fi movie. I am hoping this will get better, since tomorrow morning (about 8 hours) is my first day back at work since Tuesday.
  • Spex
    Dr Representative
    • Nov 2008

Hi - all sounds normal. Who was your surgeon ?
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Comment

• Tenex
      • Apr 2011

Dr Jennifer Martinik.

Not sure how famous she is but she is from Australia and is apparently one of the lead researchers in the field.

Comment

• Spex
        Dr Representative
        • Nov 2008

Heal and grow well and welcome aboard
        Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Comment

• Tenex
          • Apr 2011

Thanks, I wish I would have found out about this board earlier, perhaps prior to my surgery. Ironically I stumbled upon this when I was searching on how to tackle swelling.

Comment

• Tenex
            • Apr 2011

One week on the swelling is almost gone. The pain has decreased and the numbness has also decreased.

I should be able to post some photos of before the operation and right after the operation soon.

Comment

• Tenex
              • Apr 2011

Two photos:

One right before the transplant and another 6 days after (between 2600 - 2700 grafts). Feel free to comment on the density, I told them deliberately to go for higher density rather than bringing my hairline lower (closer to my forehead) since once the hair grows it should cover that area IMO. However I had had people disagreeing with me and saying that I should have gone a bit closer to forehead with slightly lower density in the areas you see.
              Attached Files

Comment

• gillenator
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Tenex
                Two photos:

One right before the transplant and another 6 days after (between 2600 - 2700 grafts). Feel free to comment on the density, I told them deliberately to go for higher density rather than bringing my hairline lower (closer to my forehead) since once the hair grows it should cover that area IMO. However I had had people disagreeing with me and saying that I should have gone a bit closer to forehead with slightly lower density in the areas you see.
                The placement of your hairline is totally up to you. Your reasoning makes sense to me. In addition, you are getting older not younger so we have to be careful as to not situating our adult hairline too low. The older we get, the less natural a lower hairline will look IMHO. There will always be others with a different opinion.

In addition, you will preserve more donor by keeping your hairline where it is now at. You would be amazed at how many more grafts it would take from your finite donor by just dropping your hairline one full centimeter.
                "Gillenator"
                Independent Patient Advocate
                more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Comment

• gillenator
                  • Dec 2008

One other thing. Wait for the procedure to fully mature. You can always drop it a tad bit in the future. I think you'll be happy with how things look in one year.
                  "Gillenator"
                  more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Comment

• Tenex
                    • Apr 2011

Great. Thanks for the comments.

How does the density look? Since I opted for density vs the lower hairline

Comment

• gillenator
                      • Dec 2008

Great. Thanks for the comments.

How does the density look? Since I opted for density vs the lower hairline

Tenex,

I personally think it is going to look great because you have good hair quality. If your hair shaft diameter was more thin, your doc may have placed the recipient incisions a tad bit closer.

But remember, part of the goal is to keep the level of trauma low so graft survival (yield) remains high. No benefit to raising the level of density if those extra grafts do not survive. I an speaking of course in general terms.

The more fair judgement will come once everything grows out and hair caliber fully matures in 12-18 months post-op.
                      "Gillenator"
                      more.hair@verizon.net

Comment

• sannu123
                        • Mar 2011

Two photos:

Hi guys....its great post !!!!! Thanks for this comments.........I like this...
                        "How does the density look? Since I opted for density vs the lower hairline.."|

regards..

sannu

Comment

Working...