+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Qr 678

Default Qr 678

I just read about this new treatment, QR 678, that is available in India. Supposedly it was tested in a trial of 750 patients and showed remarkable efficacy at hair regrowth.

http://theestheticclinic.com/cosmeti..._research.html

The website has some before and after photos, but who knows? Photos can be doctored, and for patients with mild to moderate hair loss, differences in length and styling can make a big difference.

The downsides:

So far there are no clinical trials or published papers demonstrating its safety or efficacy.

Even if it works as claimed, it takes multiple injections spaced three weeks apart over the course of several weeks, and its only available at one clinic in India. According to some accounts people are already flying to India from as far away as New York and London every three weeks for the treatment.

I am curious to see if anyone here has heard of this or has any thoughts.

First I heard about this was last summer. Along with Recoverup AAA and a few others, it's one in a line of "stem cell" hair growth treatments that have popped up in the last few years. I think this is the new buzzword for unproven hairloss remedies, just as "Natural DHT Blockers" seem to have been for a previous generation.

That's just my opinion. If you find any positive feedback concerning the product's efficacy, I'd love to see/hear it.

Default Qr 678

http://forum.womenshairlossproject.c...read.php?t=966

Hey guys,
    Happen to travel to India quite a few times a year so gave it a shot. It isn't expensive so I thought I had nothing to lose.
    From what I can tell - it's bogus. Still no published papers, tangible results (beyond 3 before and after pictures). If this was the real deal, they would have had to start up a new airline to accomodate the influx of desperate people to Hyderabad.

Yet, people barely know about it. This says a lot. Anyways the link above outlines my experience with it back in 2010.

All this being said, I have only been 3 times. If I saw any sort of result, I would have persevered. But it's a far and expensive way for me to go if there is no simultaneous business purpose. Not to mention repeatedly dashed hopes - emotionally exhausting.

The one thing that baffles me is that the treatment is so affordable that I cant even imagine these doctors profiting much from it. So I don't even think it's an organised scam. What the heck are they doing beyond wasting people's time and their own?

KACI

It says on their website that improvement generally starts after the 4th session so that might explain a lack of results for you?

Yes, that might be true.
    Coming off an anti-androgen, I had the worst shed imaginable through Jan and Feb and lost hope in this.

If it wasn't such a massive ordeal getting there and back, I would've persisted. The injections themselves take 4 minutes and are virtually painless - something that increased my doubts about the whole thing. It is something that any nurse could do. It would really bother me that I would spend hours on the phone negotiating an appointment (equal treatment for those coming from Europe and the States as for local Indians as far as appointments go), spend hundreds of dollars getting there, all for a four minute procedure that could have been done at home. But of course, they are not legally in a position to sell their drug outside of India.
    Why is that? Insufficient testing.

Kaci, thanks for sharing your experiences with the forum. I was really hoping those Doctors in India were on to something, and it would be nice to think an effective treatment was available, even if it would take months and cost me a fortune in airfare. The two doctors who were behind this also seemed to have solid scientific credentials. Oh well....

Kaci, I gathered from the linked thread that you are a woman. Were you ever able to determine whether your hair loss was caused by AGA or something else?

Just a theory. bubble slides

butterfly locs or published papers demonstrating its safety or efficacy.

crediblebh Terrell Gutta