+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: PRP therapy

will post pics in or around mid july.It will be my 3 mo mark from 1st acell treatment.

t-bone, so you feel you are benefitting from this? Its good to finally hear from a happy patients as I'm considering doing it myself but have held back due to cost and lack of testimonials/results.

I too have an itchy scalp in certain areas of hair loss that I'm hoping prp could possibly help with. Outside of my hairline I still have a relatively decent amount of hair left so I'm hoping prp can give it a boost or at the very least help slow some shedding and maintain.

If you could go further in depth in how prp has helped you and how dr deyarman administered this procedure i would appreciate it. thank you

Thanks for the update and the upcoming pics T-Bone - im looking forward to PRP being released in the UK soon!

Its all about how long the treatments last... if you dont need another treatment for 12 months and no need to take propecia then it is well worth it.

Hitzig states that he has performed over 200 successful PRP cases in the States, its such great news to hear his name in the mainstream UK press, and to see general people I meet talking about the procedure, I just hope they can tweak it enough, come up with the correct formula to actually awaken dormant hair follicles!

It sounds like u would be a good candidate! It is not a magic cure but it is the closest thing.I started about a yr.ago.1 prp waited 3 mo.2nd prp and 7mo.prp on the 7mo I also had acell in conjunction with the prp.I shave my head on #1guard and it has never looked this good! I think it gets better as u do it.Your whole scalp feel & looks good.Also when I get out of shower the water really absorbs to scalp.I actually need to towel dry and didn't before.Let me know how it works for you? I hope your going to an experienced DR.?I go to Dr.DeYarman in San Diego (Lajolla) GoodLuck !

Quote Originally Posted by t-bone View Post
    It sounds like u would be a good candidate! It is not a magic cure but it is the closest thing.I started about a yr.ago.1 prp waited 3 mo.2nd prp and 7mo.prp on the 7mo I also had acell in conjunction with the prp.I shave my head on #1guard and it has never looked this good! I think it gets better as u do it.Your whole scalp feel & looks good.Also when I get out of shower the water really absorbs to scalp.I actually need to towel dry and didn't before.Let me know how it works for you? I hope your going to an experienced DR.?I go to Dr.DeYarman in San Diego (Lajolla) GoodLuck !
    t-bone thanks. im thinking of going to either greco or deyarman. i wonder what the differences are between them though.

how much has it helped your scalp itch and shedding by chance (i guess if you shave to a #1 you dont really shed)?

Hi t-bone. Did you opt for PRP/Acell in conjunction with a hair transplant or are you doing PRP/Acell on its own? Also, was the cause of your scalp itching ever diagnosed?

I'm also curious about the treatment itself and how was it. It sounds like it was very short with local anesthetics only. Were you able to drive yourself home after the treatment. What was the swelling like, and how much time do recommend taking off work afterward? How long was it before the itching subsided?

I did PRP/Acell on its own.but i did have a procedure before my 1st PRP and before PRP the transplants looked terrible.

The treatment was fine with a mild anesthetic.I did drive but wished I had someone else drive.Just a felt wee bit odd...I did swell 1st PRP and 3rd PRP w/ACELL.I did not swell 2nd PRP.?I have a feeling I'm not gonna swell 2nd PRP W/ACELL.

I would recommend 3 days off from work post treatment...One day tops on itching.

Please let me know? What I like about De Yarman is he is very upfront and believes very much in what he's doing! He has never tried to sell me anything unnecessary!
    He knew I was getting a procedure with another Dr.He could easily have tried to persuade me..I like his integrity.

either way let me know how & what your experience was like?It would be cool to exchange notes...

I just wanna let you know I have had NO shedding or itchy scalp at all just after 1st PRP alone.

I get some itch but (Lol) I think its from growth? Keeps looking better & better! I am always looking cause I can't believe it..

@t-bone

was your scalp stimulated with a micro-roller? or did he use something else? thanks