+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Arrow Spanish Dude

Spanish Dude - Your comment has been removed because it is extremely disrespectful to Dr. Cooley, our users and this forum. You are welcome to state your opinion, but we expect all users to treat each other and our experts with common courtesy and respect. Any users that cannot abide by these simple guidelines will have their account banned.

Thank You.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by tbtadmin View Post
    Spanish Dude - Your comment has been removed because it is extremely disrespectful to Dr. Cooley, our users and this forum. You are welcome to state your opinion, but we expect all users to treat each other and our experts with common courtesy and respect. Any users that cannot abide by these simple guidelines will have their account banned.

Thank You.

Admin, my post was not as disrespectful as you seem to imply. Dr. Cooley has never ever bothered to reply to any of my questions in this forum, even though they have been exquisitely formulated.
    Don't you consider that is disrespectful?

anyway, I will repeat my post in a more "Admin-proof" way.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Cooley, MD View Post
    3. Have you since tried plucking a regrown plucked hair to see if it cycles properly?

Funny you mention that. One of my local patients, whose 6 month result I did post before, just came in at the ten month point and there seems to be even more hair growing (see attached). I thought he would be the perfect candidate to do the replucking. When I asked him, he looked at me like I was crazy. It seems that no one wants to part with their new hair, but I'm still trying. Ideally I would have a little spot tattooed on their scalp and to repluck that area....but hardly anyone wants a spot tattooed on their scalp either. This isn't typical pharmaceutical sponsored clinical research, and my patients are like anyone else, they just want hair, and once they have it, they want to keep it. These questions will take time, years probably, which is frustrating to everyone, myself included.
    Dr. Cooley:
    Last autumn, you told Spencer something like "first thing I am going to do is start plucking these autocloned hairs to see if they cycle".

This single phrase made me think that your experiments were credible.

But now you say that you cannot repluck the autocloned hairs because the patients won't let you do it?
    Dr. Cooley, you apparently didn't have difficulties to have autocloned hairs BIOPSIED for your slide presentation.
    You could BIOPSY them, but now you cannot repluck them? This time is a simple plucking, not even your "special" plucking.

And why don't you do the autocloning + replucking experiment to yourself, or your assistants??
    We are not talking about a brain transplant, we are talking about auto-plucking a single hair. And replucking it.

Inactive

moreover, dr. Cooley, in your slide presentation, you recreated a 3-hair follicular unit using 3 plucked hairs. You had no problems to locate this combo months after, and have it biopsied.

But now you seem to imply that you have location problems, and need tatoos, and patients don't like tatoos, so the experiments are no longer possible.

(admin, is this post disrespectful too?)

Inactive

quote Cooley:
    >>>
    This isn't typical pharmaceutical sponsored clinical research, and my patients are like anyone else, they just want hair, and once they have it, they want to keep it. These questions will take time, years probably, which is frustrating to everyone, myself included
    <<<

so, suming it up, dr. Cooley, will we need "YEARS" as you say, to answer if the autocloned hairs can cycle after plucked? (btw, a plucked hair usually needs just 3 months to regrow).

yes, the patients want to keep the autocloned hairs, but if you offer them more grafts for free, they will allow you to repluck a few. Besides, if the hairs are good, they will regrow after replucking anyway, and if they are bad, they will die anyway. So the patient reluctance makes no sense.

Inactive

dr. Cooley, you worked at Intercytex on the TRC-Trichocyte project.
    ICX had us entertained with promises for almost 10 years.
    But at the end of these 10 years, we got nothing. Not even a failure report.

Do you think that this situation could be repeated with your autoplucking experiments?

Do you remember when Paul Kemp showed the journalist his 66 brand new hairs on top of his bald head? And when he boldly said "Baldness will be a choice"?
    What happened to those 66 brand new hairs? Did they cycle?
    Do you know, dr. Cooley?

hey, chill mate, won't get any replies that way

to get any significant quantitative data of the regrowth rate, you'll have to experiment on far more than just one follicle on just one patient. In contrast, when taking a biopsy, one follicle might very well suffice to get reliable data, since there is no reason to suspect that all the other growing hairs don't come from a similar structure. Also, since the regenerated follicle retains some of its donor characteristics, it may be very easy to single it out without any tatoo in some cases (eg if beard grafts were used).

Very weird accusation anyway; no clear motives. Please stop derailing this topic. Dr Cooley is trying to help, don't discourage him from doing so by being rude...