+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Smile Hair Cycle shampoo regrowing my hair

Around three months ago, I was looking for a good shampoo that would be healthy for my scalp. I had just decided to stop taking proscar due to side effects after only a couple of weeks use. I decided I would keep my hair buzzed down short, but wanted to use a shampoo that would be healthy for the hair I had left and my scalp. I had what I assume was sebum, where tiny crusty granules would form on my head and I would feel at least a few a day.

After doing some limited searching on here, I decided to go with Dr. Cole's Hair Cycle shampoo. I figured that maybe it would help with the sebum. Fast forward three months to today. This shampoo is completely exceeding my expectations. Not only is the sebum problem gone, the bare areas around my receding temple areas are growing hair. At first I thought it might be my imagination, but it really does seem to be happening. I am seeing lots of lighter peach fuzz type hairs, mixed with light brown finer hairs, mixed with darker brown thicker hairs in areas that were bare just three months ago.

I used to get upset looking in the mirror and seeing less hair. Now I am getting excited when I look in the mirror, because there seems to be a little more each time I look. I don't have any wild allusions that it is all going to come back, but I feel I am getting pretty damn good results from a shampoo. That is all I am using besides occasionally using the Hair Cycle conditioner and once a week I use Nizoral.

I wanted to post this for two reasons. First and foremost, I found something that works awesome and wanted to share it. Second, I wanted to see if anyone else had similar results from this shampoo. Why have I not heard about this stuff being awesome before? Do people that use this shampoo typically use Fin and Rogaine as well? I am in shock that I am getting hair regrowth by using a little shampoo each day.

I have never heard of Dr Cole's hair cycle shampoo and when i googled it, the first link was to this thread.

But congrats on your success.

Dr Cole just recommends it. It's just called Hair Cycle Shampoo.
    http://www.haircycle.com/

Bookmarked, thanks. Looks like a website that sell products for people who have had HT's.

That's the one. All I know is that it is working for me. I might have given an overly optimistic impression during my post- but I was really excited after looking in the mirror convinced that this shampoo is doing something positive for me. I still have my receding culdesac's on both sides of my forehead, but what once was bare now has hair! Sorry for the rhyme. The amount of regrowth is small, but it has only been a few months and I am looking forward to see if this regrowth trend continues over the months to come.

I asked my wife if she noticed any difference, and she said she does notice little hairs coming in. I'm just going to keep shampooing and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Mane Man View Post
    That's the one. All I know is that it is working for me. I might have given an overly optimistic impression during my post- but I was really excited after looking in the mirror convinced that this shampoo is doing something positive for me. I still have my receding culdesac's on both sides of my forehead, but what once was bare now has hair! Sorry for the rhyme. The amount of regrowth is small, but it has only been a few months and I am looking forward to see if this regrowth trend continues over the months to come.

I asked my wife if she noticed any difference, and she said she does notice little hairs coming in. I'm just going to keep shampooing and see what happens.
    She probably didn't want to make you feel bad and just went along with your little discovery, lol jk bro.

I like when people that don't know i'm using anything or treating my hair loss, tell me they see a difference in my hair. If you tell a loved/close one you're treating your hair loss, they will try to keep you encouraged by saying they see regrowth even if they really don't see anything.

I hear ya. The wife isn't the best survey, but she will have to do for now until I can do a proper poll.

any pics to show results?
    im in canada now living, and i cant find rogaine foam or any of there products.. whats the big deal are they trying to control sales or customers with this stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by andycanon View Post
    any pics to show results?
    im in canada now living, and i cant find rogaine foam or any of there products.. whats the big deal are they trying to control sales or customers with this stuff?
    If you want to do Rogaine, order Kirkland Minoxidil through amazon. You can get half a year's supply for around 30 bucks.

Default Photos as requested

I took the ones with longer hair a day or two ago. I took the shorter ones today after a haircut. I'm not sure if you will be able to see in the photos, but i started getting more peach fuzz in the temple area. Along the edge, fine brown hairs are starting to grow. I also have some strays that are growing further down. I think the first photo is under natural light and the second is under a bathroom light. Sorry I don't have close ups of befores. I'll try to post some other photos in a month or two to see if there is any difference.