+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 90 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    No worries Clan

I don't remember exactly but I'm pretty sure Cosmo Pharmaceuticals tried the 5% formula with outrageous results!
    But, once a week, means 6 CB-free weekday, can't imagine it can help hairloss, as you know minoxidil is to be applied daily to work.

Btw, what vehicle should I use for CB? And 5% means how much CB in how much vehicle, sorry I'm a chemistry idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Hairismylife View Post
    But, once a week, means 6 CB-free weekday, can't imagine it can help hairloss, as you know minoxidil is to be applied daily to work.

Btw, what vehicle should I use for CB? And 5% means how much CB in how much vehicle, sorry I'm a chemistry idiot
    It blocks the androgen receptors for about a week before being washed away, hence once weekly dosing

With regards to vehicle and strength...it is going to be very difficult to find the right one ATM...so far we know that only ionopheresis can provide adequate topical absorption to halt hairloss. There is no data on other vehicles which makes in-house manufacturing quite difficult!

Ionopheresis is a device that costs $200-$300 and tbh I'm not quite sure how to use it! Has anyone actually tried the ionopheresis method btw?

P.S. No question is stupid to ask? That's why we're here brother

It blocks the androgen receptors for about a week before being washed away, hence once weekly dosing

With regards to vehicle and strength...it is going to be very difficult to find the right one ATM...so far we know that only ionopheresis can provide adequate topical absorption to halt hairloss. There is no data on other vehicles which makes in-house manufacturing quite difficult!

Ionopheresis is a device that costs $200-$300 and tbh I'm not quite sure how to use it! Has anyone actually tried the ionopheresis method btw?

Hellouser is using CB but I dunno what vehicle he use, i'm waiting his response

Actually I'm using Mpbt premixed RU but i'm worry about any possible side effect,
    is RU such a risky thing that you dont suggest using?

I remember RU has ever passed Phase 1 testing this means that it's safe?

The key is that androgen receptors take some time to regenerate, but I don't know if that is days or hours. Anyone know?

With regards to vehicle and strength...it is going to be very difficult to find the right one ATM...so far we know that only ionopheresis can provide adequate topical absorption to halt hairloss.
    They're using an anhydrous vehicle, so strong chance it could be E/PG. The cream is for acne, but we may not need it.

CB's a very unique steroid as it has anti-androgenic properties! No other corticosteroid has such properties, which could mean two things: either it's anti-androgenic properties has made its steroidal activity minimal at best or it has steroidal properties just like any other topical steroids out there!
    It should be milder than other corticosteroids as it becomes converted to cortodoxone which is less potent than cortisol which is far less potent than clobetasol. Just my guess.

I don't remember exactly but I'm pretty sure Cosmo Pharmaceuticals tried the 5% formula with outrageous results!
    They have said the 5% formula is for AGA, but where did u see their results out of curiosity?

Quote Originally Posted by KO1 View Post
    The key is that androgen receptors take some time to regenerate, but I don't know if that is days or hours. Anyone know?

They're using an anhydrous vehicle, so strong chance it could be E/PG. The cream is for acne, but we may not need it.

It should be milder than other corticosteroids as it becomes converted to cortodoxone which is less potent than cortisol which is far less potent than clobetasol. Just my guess.

They have said the 5% formula is for AGA, but where did u see their results out of curiosity?
    Can use KB solution instead?

https://www.thieme-connect.com/ejour...s-0031-1297043

Summary

The aim of this study was to investigate the antiandrogenic activity of a new monoester of cortexolone, cortexolone 17α-propionate (CAS 19608-29-8, CB-03-01). Although the compound displayed a strong local antiandrogenic activity in hamster's flank organ test, it did not exhibit antiandrogenic activity in rats after subcutaneous injection, nor did it affect gonadotropins hypersecretion when injected to parabiotic rats. As topical antiandrogen, the steroid resulted about 4 times more active than progesterone (CAS 57-83-0) and, when compared to known antiandrogen standards, it was about 3 times more potent than flutamide (CAS 13311-84-7), about 2 times more effective than finasteride (CAS 98319-26-7) and approximately as active as cyproterone acetate (CAS 427-51-0). Its pharmacological activity seemed to be primarily related to its ability to antagonistically compete at androgen receptor level; nevertheless its primary pharmacological target needs to be further investigated. Its topical activity, along with the apparent absence of systemic effects, anticipates this compound to have the potential of representing a novel and safe therapeutic approach for androgen-de-pendent skin disorders.
    This paper is from 2004 btw. The key is that it should be locally antiandrogenic ONLY.

Where did you read that it blocks receptors for about a week? They applied it twice weekly in the alopecia tests and in acne tests once daily. If true, CB would be even more amazing. Wow just imagine, you spend 10 min a week and keep your hair forever. In my opinion, this is nearly a cure for low norwoods.

I guess they use it once daily for acne bcs of its anti-inflammatory properties? Wouldn't make sense to use it daily if receptors are blocked for a week.

Quote Originally Posted by KO1 View Post
    https://www.thieme-connect.com/ejour...s-0031-1297043

This paper is from 2004 btw. The key is that it should be locally antiandrogenic ONLY.
    Then it should be unsystematic? Glad to here that if it's true

Btw, I just think of a question. Now the problem of CB is the vehicle is not so penetrating compared to Cosmo Ion method. Say, 50% less penetrating, so if I double the concentration, I should have the same amount of CB reaching my receptor achieving the same effect. Any conceptual error?

Quote Originally Posted by Hairismylife View Post
    Then it should be unsystematic? Glad to here that if it's true

Btw, I just think of a question. Now the problem of CB is the vehicle is not so penetrating compared to Cosmo Ion method. Say, 50% less penetrating, so if I double the concentration, I should have the same amount of CB reaching my receptor achieving the same effect. Any conceptual error?
    I think doubling the dosage wouldnt give the desired results as Cosmo, probably a little more complicated than that...

You can make your own ionopheresis device for much less. Check out some youtube tutorial videos.