+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by mothernature View Post
    ok thanks winston, i did a bit more research and apparently the hospital group is a definite no go area for HT.

Does anyone know where Dr.Rogers is working in the UK? I googled and nothing seems to work..
    The hospital group does have a bad reputation for sure so if it’s not Dr. Ziering who will be doing surgery on you I would definitely avoid them. Dr. Farjo would probably be the way to go since you want to stay close to home. I haven't read great things about Dr. Rogers, but who knows he might be good. If you travel to the states you can choose from many great hair transplant surgeons so maybe you should leave your options open?

Dude, the one thing you really want to avoid is making any rash decision, and simply going with UK surgeons because they're close to home.

Getting the right HT is so, soooo important. What's the point of going through with it if you're only going to get results you're not happy with?

I've lost track of the UK industry, but I have seen some awful results over here in the past, although I believe Dr Farjo has a very good reputation these days (and I did have a good consultation with them some time ago when I was first exploring HTs).

I honestly wouldn't dismiss the idea of travel though so soon. I initially didn't want to travel, but after extensive research, ended up going to NYC, and it wasn't as much hassle it sounds. That's not to dismiss UK HTs of course - there may be some good ones (I'm not up to speed).

Just do your research. Speak to as many people as poss, and keep an open mind.

Speaking to Spex (UK HT veteran) is an EXCELLENT place to start. Have a look at www.spexhair.com

Good luck!!!

S
    Last edited by skinnyshaft; 04-11-2011 at 12:46 PM. Reason: left out a sentence