Hair Transplant surgeons in UK - who are worth looking at? - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Exclamation Hair Transplant surgeons in UK - who are worth looking at?

Ok, im 24 and i want a hair transplant seriously as i am a NW3 with temporal recession. Ive been on fin for 3 months and have no idea if it has done anything although my pre-fin shed has continued to this day.

I've done a bit of research and it seems that most people recommend going to the US/Canada for it but right now this isn't an option for me as it will be more expensive and take longer time to travel there and back.

Who are the best UK surgeons? I've noticed Dr.Farjo and Dr.Rogers (harley clinic) name quite a lot on forums although the later has some mixed reports. Who would you recommend I go?

What about the HDC Medical technology centre in London??
    http://www.hair-transplant.org...nt_consultations.html

What about crownclinic??
    http://www.crownclinic.co.uk/about-us.php

what about the hair clinic in croyden london?
    http://www.the-hair-clinic.co.uk/hair-transplant.htm

Are these places worth giving a second look?

I really would appreciate some advice

Quote Originally Posted by mothernature View Post
    Ok, im 24 and i want a hair transplant seriously as i am a NW3 with temporal recession. Ive been on fin for 3 months and have no idea if it has done anything although my pre-fin shed has continued to this day.

I've done a bit of research and it seems that most people recommend going to the US/Canada for it but right now this isn't an option for me as it will be more expensive and take longer time to travel there and back.

Who are the best UK surgeons? I've noticed Dr.Farjo and Dr.Rogers (harley clinic) name quite a lot on forums although the later has some mixed reports. Who would you recommend I go?

What about the HDC Medical technology centre in London??
    http://www.hair-transplant.org...nt_consultations.html

What about crownclinic??
    http://www.crownclinic.co.uk/about-us.php

what about the hair clinic in croyden london?
    http://www.the-hair-clinic.co.uk/hair-transplant.htm

Are these places worth giving a second look?

I really would appreciate some advice
    The general rule is to stay within the doctors in the IAHRS. There are two who are known for good results, one is Dr. Farjo who you mentioned and other other is Dr. Craig Ziering. I am not 100% sure how often he does the surgeries in the UK since he is based in California, USA, but those are the only two in the IAHRS who are worth considering that I know of. 24 is a little young for a hair transplant, but I guess some people your age can benefit from one if it’s done correctly and your expectations are realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    The general rule is to stay within the doctors in the IAHRS. There are two who are known for good results, one is Dr. Farjo who you mentioned and other other is Dr. Craig Ziering. I am not 100% sure how often he does the surgeries in the UK since he is based in California, USA, but those are the only two in the IAHRS who are worth considering that I know of. 24 is a little young for a hair transplant, but I guess some people your age can benefit from one if it’s done correctly and your expectations are realistic.
    thank you winston for the information, i will look into ziering.. 24 is a little young to bald too unfortunately and since im in my prime i dont want something as pathetic as balding from enjoying my life.. maybe im vain.. but so is our society

Winston, Dr Ziering primarily works in the US but he is affiliated with the hospital group in the UK as it says here

http://www.thehospitalgroup.org/hair-surgeons.php

Now, the other 2 surgeons dr katona and dr williams are also IAHRS approved.. and seem to have decent experience, do ui think it would be worthwhile doing it with them or going down for a free consultation? Or is it not worth the risk?

Winston, Dr Ziering primarily works in the US but he is affiliated with the hospital group in the UK as it says here

http://www.thehospitalgroup.org/hair-surgeons.php

Now, the other 2 surgeons dr katona and dr williams are also IAHRS approved.. and seem to have decent experience, do ui think it would be worthwhile doing it with them or going down for a free consultation? Or is it not worth the risk?
    The thing is the younger you begin to bald, the more aggressive it usually is. Sometimes having a hair transplant too young can set you up for a lifetime of trying to play catch up as your hair loss continues. Just make sure that you have your consultations with doctors who will be honest with you and not promise you the world without explaining all of the risks.

The doctors that you are mentioning are not in the IAHRS. Check here, www.iahrs.org

Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    The thing is the younger you begin to bald, the more aggressive it usually is. Sometimes having a hair transplant too young can set you up for a lifetime of trying to play catch up as your hair loss continues. Just make sure that you have your consultations with doctors who will be honest with you and not promise you the world without explaining all of the risks.

The doctors that you are mentioning are not in the IAHRS. Check here, www.iahrs.org
    ok thanks winston, i did a bit more research and apparently the hospital group is a definite no go area for HT.

Does anyone know where Dr.Rogers is working in the UK? I googled and nothing seems to work..

ok thanks winston, i did a bit more research and apparently the hospital group is a definite no go area for HT.

Does anyone know where Dr.Rogers is working in the UK? I googled and nothing seems to work..
    The hospital group does have a bad reputation for sure so if it’s not Dr. Ziering who will be doing surgery on you I would definitely avoid them. Dr. Farjo would probably be the way to go since you want to stay close to home. I haven't read great things about Dr. Rogers, but who knows he might be good. If you travel to the states you can choose from many great hair transplant surgeons so maybe you should leave your options open?

Dude, the one thing you really want to avoid is making any rash decision, and simply going with UK surgeons because they're close to home.

Getting the right HT is so, soooo important. What's the point of going through with it if you're only going to get results you're not happy with?

I've lost track of the UK industry, but I have seen some awful results over here in the past, although I believe Dr Farjo has a very good reputation these days (and I did have a good consultation with them some time ago when I was first exploring HTs).

I honestly wouldn't dismiss the idea of travel though so soon. I initially didn't want to travel, but after extensive research, ended up going to NYC, and it wasn't as much hassle it sounds. That's not to dismiss UK HTs of course - there may be some good ones (I'm not up to speed).

Just do your research. Speak to as many people as poss, and keep an open mind.

Speaking to Spex (UK HT veteran) is an EXCELLENT place to start. Have a look at www.spexhair.com

Good luck!!!

S
    Last edited by skinnyshaft; 04-11-2011 at 12:46 PM. Reason: left out a sentence