+ Reply to Thread

Default what norwood am i and how bad does my hair look? pics

hi just wondering if anyone can tell me the norwood i am? i have no loss at the back as far as im aware its just my hairline.when i get a bath its full of hairs when i empty the water its not just small thin hairs but long hairs too.

my hairline always seems to hurt at various times at the temples is this a sign the hair is falling out? im 29 years old and i have been losing hair like this for as long as i can remember i remember being 23 or so and thinking i would be bald in 2 years but the hair is still there i never thought id make it 29 with what i have, i have taken no treatments except some alpecin shampoo that doesnt really do much i have taken it for 5 months

i keep it medium length to hide my hairline im sure if i shaved it it would look alot worse ( i mean my hairline is prob worse than i think)

oh yea i know i look a douche with that hairband i just wanted to give a clear picture of my hairline

I'd say that you were a NW2. Some might say that you're in NW3 territory. Your hair looks very thick overall.

Have you been seeing the same amount of hair in the tub ever since you noticed your hairloss at age 23? My hair has remained unchanged for years and I see a fair amount of hair in the tub. Some of it will be body hair. If all of this lost hair over the years was not being replaced then you'd have a significantly more advanced hairloss pattern.

It's common to feel tingling sensations in balding areas of the scalp. You've been holding on to your hair for quite a while now without treatment intervention. I would just keep an eye out for any changes.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

thanks for the reply, i have always shedded alot as far as i can remember which is why hairloss has always concerned me i can of course tell my temples are receding but some days they look OK and others it makes me look in the mirror and going "oh crap"

i do get sensations in my temples areas alot mostly like an irritating discomfort like my hairs been pulled on.My brother is 3 years older than me he still has his hair but has receded alot at the front but it still looks ok plenty of coverage and the back of his hair has no loss at all.we aint close or id ask him if he ever took any meds im curious because our father is bald horseshoe pattern with some fuzz on top but his father (my grandad) has his hair still and he is 90!

on my mothers side i have 3 uncles 2 of them are in their 40's have hairloss only on the temples and crown but still ok coverage where as the other in his 30's has no hair loss.Its kind of the luck of the draw in my family it seems to how bad your hair loss is

sorry for the long post kind regards

If you feel able to bring up the subject, it might be worth asking your father and uncles what their hairloss situation was like when they were your age. The info won't be enough to give you an exact idea of how yours will progress, but if an uncle was already receded at your age then that could indicate that you're on a similar path. Likewise, if your father only had mild recession at age 29 then that could mean that you'll catch up with him.

i believe my father was worse than i am at this age although not by much

i see in another thread you have taken propecia given my current loss which as far as im aware is just the hairline would it be worth me taking it considering from what i have read its just for the crown and frontal vertex area?

i have thought about regaine foam but heard storys where it destroyed peoples hairline because the shedded hair never came back and i would hate to accelerate my baldness any more than it is plus since i have longish hair it might be a nightmare to apply.I have been considering doing somthing so many times but never act on it.do you think i should just take the jump ?

Propecia can help to halt or slow down loss at the hairline. With your hairloss already being slow to progress, it might not be necessary to add anything to your regimen at this time. That's just my opinion.

^ i disagree.. because if you catch hairloss early with propecia then its going to be more effective than if you waited till you started losing hairs fast then started on propecia because then you will be working against the tide. Plus with the increased reports of shedding on propecia do you want to wait till ur already advancing in balldness AND shedding hair related to propecia use later on?

I would start now.. if you arn't worried about the small chance of getting sides.

That would normally be my advice too, but as he's been stable for quite a few years now it might be best to hold off from taking internals. Certainly, though, starting Finasteride now could hold off future loss.