Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • neilg
    • Apr 2011

Help on HT.

Hello, my name is Neil and have had a receading hair line for quite some time. I am 38 and never really thought about a HT, but in the UK we have had a celebrity called Jason Gardiner come out and say he had a HT, and I was amazed with the results. This has made me think about getting one done myself, but have seen a couple of woefull HT's before and am hesitant.
    Would like to hear from people who have had the procedure, maybe a for and against debate.
  • skinnyshaft
    • Sep 2010

I think for most people who have done their RESEARCH (this is the ESSENTIAL thing!) and gone with one of the top docs in the world (I think there's a good dozen or so these days), then you'll be hard pushed to find too many negatives.

For many, getting an HT is a life-changing experience.

However, the obvious negatives would be the cost, possible future hairloss (this needs to be taken into consideration), the down time, and keeping your expectations in check - I mean, you're not going to magically get a full head of hair back.

But as I say, depending what your expectations are and provided you do your RESEARCH, an HT can be life-changing.

I'd strongly suggest getting in touch with Spex (especially if you're UK based). He gave me an awful lot of guidance and incredible advice, and he's an HT veteran who's been through the bad and the amazing. have a look at www.spexhair.com

Comment

• Dr. Glenn Charles
      IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
      • Nov 2008

Due your due diligence and you will more likely make a good decision. The technology available today has really made hair transplantation undetectable. I agree that this procedure has the potential to make a major change in a persons life.
      Dr. Glenn Charles
      Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
      View my IAHRS Profile

Comment

Working...