+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Hi new user and crown problems :(

Hi been looking at this forum for just over a month now and decided to register , seems very informative. Anyway I think I'm thinning out on my crown after some one spotted it while i was at work. I'm 24 years old and this is starting to affect my confidence quite a bit I've been to the doctor he didn't seem to bothered and suggested using Regaine Foam which I have been on for the past month seem's to have stopped alot of hair shedding prior to before I started the treatment . He also suggested Propecia .. Picture below maybe you guys could point me in the right direction

Unhappy

Anyone ... ???

Hi there,

You appear to be establishing classic MPB signs. The absolute best proven treatment in this area especially is finasteride (propecia). Dont get on propeica however as its very expensive!!! Its the branded version.

Your in the UK , likewise. Best thing to do is get Proscar (5mg Finasteride) and cut it into 5ths with gives you 1mg finasteride the same as Propecia yet MUCH cheaper. This is what the majority do.

See cutting video here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UUjPNTr9eM

Or you can get on 1mg generic finpecia (which is what i take now) and it saves the cutting up.

This is the best way to treat your hair loss and stop it and possibly help restore lost hair. You must stick with it however to maintain benefits

Good reliable online source : http://ukfinasteride.info

All the best
    Spex
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Cheers spex ive ordered some fin. So should be able to try it out when it arrives. do you think i will see regrowth from the fin? And when it comes can i use just that instead of the rogaine otherwise this is goin to get expensive, i would shave it all off but i have a set of ears lol

No worries - wish i had a crystal ball dude, unfortunately not got one. However you will be doing the best thing possible in terms of appropriate treatments to get the best result possible for you. Many respond well to Finasteride especially when you catch it early on so chances are you will do well. Only time will tell.

Combining it with the foam is a good idea - Foam in the UK is very expensive - source it from here as many other UK guys do : http://www.minoxidil-direct.co.uk/Rogaine_Foam.htm - You can get 4 months supply for about £50

Using both together is a tried an tested way of attacking the problem. Finasteride helps block DHT whilst Minoxidil is a regrowth agent.

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Thanks man you've been a great help, I will post a new thread over the next coming months with my progress, looking forward to seeing what this fin can do.

One last thing i forgot to say is it possible to see regrowth in temples from the fin?

Everyone responds differently fella - Best thing is roll with the meds/treatments - stick with them and be patient

Catching it early gives the best chance of regrowing hair which has been lost. If the temples are merely thinning rather than recessed then the chances are better. The crown is where you're likely to see the best response.

I wouldn't want to get your hopes up as response to the treatment is highly individual, but it's entirely possible that your crown will improve to the point that it's hard to notice any loss.

Ideally you'd go with the double-whammy of the Fin and Regaine, but if I were to choose one over the other I'd go for the Fin.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Finpecia has arrived but I'm not sure if I really should do this just looking at the box is putting me off , how can such a small tablet solve all your problems or make them a lot worse I think i might pop them in the draw for now and just stick with the regaine foam ?!?!