Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • benson&hedges
    • Apr 2011

Hi new user and crown problems :(

Hi been looking at this forum for just over a month now and decided to register , seems very informative. Anyway I think I'm thinning out on my crown after some one spotted it while i was at work. I'm 24 years old and this is starting to affect my confidence quite a bit I've been to the doctor he didn't seem to bothered and suggested using Regaine Foam which I have been on for the past month seem's to have stopped alot of hair shedding prior to before I started the treatment . He also suggested Propecia .. Picture below maybe you guys could point me in the right direction

• benson&hedges
    • Apr 2011

Anyone ... ???

Comment

• Spex
      Dr Representative
      • Nov 2008

Hi there,

You appear to be establishing classic MPB signs. The absolute best proven treatment in this area especially is finasteride (propecia). Dont get on propeica however as its very expensive!!! Its the branded version.

Your in the UK , likewise. Best thing to do is get Proscar (5mg Finasteride) and cut it into 5ths with gives you 1mg finasteride the same as Propecia yet MUCH cheaper. This is what the majority do.

See cutting video here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UUjPNTr9eM

Or you can get on 1mg generic finpecia (which is what i take now) and it saves the cutting up.

This is the best way to treat your hair loss and stop it and possibly help restore lost hair. You must stick with it however to maintain benefits

Good reliable online source : http://ukfinasteride.info

All the best
      Spex
      Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Comment

• benson&hedges
        • Apr 2011

Cheers spex ive ordered some fin. So should be able to try it out when it arrives. do you think i will see regrowth from the fin? And when it comes can i use just that instead of the rogaine otherwise this is goin to get expensive, i would shave it all off but i have a set of ears lol

Comment

• Spex
          Dr Representative
          • Nov 2008

No worries - wish i had a crystal ball dude, unfortunately not got one. However you will be doing the best thing possible in terms of appropriate treatments to get the best result possible for you. Many respond well to Finasteride especially when you catch it early on so chances are you will do well. Only time will tell.

Combining it with the foam is a good idea - Foam in the UK is very expensive - source it from here as many other UK guys do : http://www.minoxidil-direct.co.uk/Rogaine_Foam.htm - You can get 4 months supply for about £50

Using both together is a tried an tested way of attacking the problem. Finasteride helps block DHT whilst Minoxidil is a regrowth agent.

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Comment

• benson&hedges
            • Apr 2011

Thanks man you've been a great help, I will post a new thread over the next coming months with my progress, looking forward to seeing what this fin can do.

Comment

• benson&hedges
              • Apr 2011

One last thing i forgot to say is it possible to see regrowth in temples from the fin?

Comment

• Spex
                Dr Representative
                • Nov 2008

Everyone responds differently fella - Best thing is roll with the meds/treatments - stick with them and be patient

Comment

• mattj
                  Doctor Representative
                  • Oct 2009

Catching it early gives the best chance of regrowing hair which has been lost. If the temples are merely thinning rather than recessed then the chances are better. The crown is where you're likely to see the best response.

I wouldn't want to get your hopes up as response to the treatment is highly individual, but it's entirely possible that your crown will improve to the point that it's hard to notice any loss.

Ideally you'd go with the double-whammy of the Fin and Regaine, but if I were to choose one over the other I'd go for the Fin.
                  I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Comment

• benson&hedges
                    • Apr 2011

Finpecia has arrived but I'm not sure if I really should do this just looking at the box is putting me off , how can such a small tablet solve all your problems or make them a lot worse I think i might pop them in the draw for now and just stick with the regaine foam ?!?!

Comment

• Spex
                      Dr Representative
                      • Nov 2008

I appreciate your initial concern. The pill contains Finasteride 1mg of it - this is the drug you need to help prevent DHT attacking the hair.

Attached Files
                      Last edited by Spex; 04-14-2011, 07:36 AM.

Comment

• benson&hedges
                        • Apr 2011

Thanks again spex , my main concern is the side effects , also if i take the tablet i would like to quit the rogaine would that be ok ive been on the foam now for almost 2 months.

Comment

• Spex
                          Dr Representative
                          • Nov 2008

If you convince yourself on side effects you will get them. Side effects are not uncommon however you will onlt hear about the negative - 10,000 take the drug with no side effects. Speaking of side effects - what are those B&H (cigarettes) doing to you ..... :

Stick with the foam too mate in my honest opinion - if its a pain then just apply at night before bed - as its minimum inout relatively speaking and if you really want to address this hair loss issue head on and know for as fact you did everything you could to fight it then you need to get on the reg.

No one siad it was easy, however its really not hard. You brush your teeth every day dont you to maintain your teeth... Well look at it just like

If you want to keep and potentially improve your hair then roll with the programme

Comment

• benson&hedges
                            • Apr 2011

Very true spex the ciggis ain't no good at all but that is a very bad habit of mine.lol
                            I took the plunge yesterday and shaved my head to a grade 2 all over and all ive heard is compliments so I'm feeling very good at the moment, Ive made my mind up on the propecia and am going to hold fire for the moment and continue with the regaine foam. Maybe at a later date i might jump on it .Thanks bro for all your help you've been a star

Comment

• mothernature
                              • Mar 2011

any ideas why in some men DHT attacks the crown whereas in oothers it attacks the hairline and works back?

Comment

Working...