+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PRP Survey

Default PRP Survey

I had PRP done last year in hopes of stopping, bettering or reversing my hair loss. Up to date, my hair situation has not improved and I continue to lose hair. I was wondering if any of you had undergone PRP treatment? A detailed log of everyone’s experience might help us better understand/determine if PRP is a viable treatment for most forms of hair loss. Please include when you had the treatment done and what improvements, if any, you’ve noticed. There’s a lot of mixed information out there, which makes it hard for consumers to decide if PRP is a desirable option for treating hair loss.

If you going to go thru with prp injections, you should think about having the acell+prp injections instead.

Quote Originally Posted by level View Post
    I had PRP done last year in hopes of stopping, bettering or reversing my hair loss. Up to date, my hair situation has not improved and I continue to lose hair. I was wondering if any of you had undergone PRP treatment? A detailed log of everyone’s experience might help us better understand/determine if PRP is a viable treatment for most forms of hair loss. Please include when you had the treatment done and what improvements, if any, you’ve noticed. There’s a lot of mixed information out there, which makes it hard for consumers to decide if PRP is a desirable option for treating hair loss.
    who did your prp? not all prp is the same you know...

Quote Originally Posted by hdude46 View Post
    who did your prp? not all prp is the same you know...
    Yeah, I know. I had PRP done by Dr. Greco-so I guess you can say I went with the best known doc (as far as PRP is concerned). I know he's had success with some patients. Maybe I'm one of the few who doesn't respond well to the treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by montrose View Post
    If you going to go thru with prp injections, you should think about having the acell+prp injections instead.
    I've thought about it, but there hasn't been enough physical proof to substantiate that acell mixed with PRP works. I'd be willing to give it a try, if more positive evidence were to surface. As of know, acell seems to be more of an exterior treatment (i.e. for treating scars from HTs). I'm just not willing to inject pig's bladder into my head until further tests are done.

I agree. I rarely hear anything good with this prp crap but if you do go with it, it would probably be better to try the ECM/acell/prp since it's the "new" thing being talked about. From what I've read, it seems safe and people are already trying it.

I also flew down to Dr. Greco last summer or fall, can't recall which. I had the PRP w/protein matrix injected into my scalp and saw 0 results. My hair loss continued at its rapid rate. Maybe it does something for some people, unfortunately all I got out of it was a one day trip to sunny Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by ThinFast View Post
    I also flew down to Dr. Greco last summer or fall, can't recall which. I had the PRP w/protein matrix injected into my scalp and saw 0 results. My hair loss continued at its rapid rate. Maybe it does something for some people, unfortunately all I got out of it was a one day trip to sunny Florida.
    That sucks, ThinFast. Looks like we're on the same boat. Luckily I live in South Florida, so the commute wasn't too bad. It's so hard to find evidence that shows positive results from PRP. I've searched everywhere on the web with a fine tooth comb and there seems to literally be only a handful of cases (with pics) where the patient had good results.

I just want to know if it helps the scalp's general condition, except no one seems to know the answer. If it stopped the inflammation that occurs on my scalp weekly (approximately every sunday, my scalp feels as though someone's peeled a layer of skin off with a ****ing scalpel), id probably still have most of my hair.. Every ****ing Sunday/Monday 90% of my weekly hair loss occurs from having a sore scalp. Yet no doctor, forum member or piece of info on the internet seems to be able to explain why. Hair loss is severely under-researched and overlooked.

Quote Originally Posted by ohlife View Post
    I just want to know if it helps the scalp's general condition, except no one seems to know the answer. If it stopped the inflammation that occurs on my scalp weekly (approximately every sunday, my scalp feels as though someone's peeled a layer of skin off with a ****ing scalpel), id probably still have most of my hair.. Every ****ing Sunday/Monday 90% of my weekly hair loss occurs from having a sore scalp. Yet no doctor, forum member or piece of info on the internet seems to be able to explain why. Hair loss is severely under-researched and overlooked.
    Ohlife- I'm sorry to hear about your scalp condition. I can't comment on if PRP will help with your situation because I don't have scalp irritation issues. You should probably directly email on of the docs who administer PRP. Good luck with finding a treatment that will help you. I agree, hair loss is under researched. Recently it has been progressing, but we still have a long way to go.