+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nizoral Shed

Default Nizoral Shed

Hey guys,

I started using 2% Nizoral shampoo about a month ago (I use it twice a week, for about 5 mins each). I've noticed an increase shed since starting. I emailed my doc and he said that this suggests it's working (similar to rogaine shed, I guess). Have any of you experience this? If so, how long did it last, and when did you start noticing a positive change from use of Nizoral?

My hair does look better immediately I use Nizoral, but it doesn't seem to last long.

Thanks,
    BH

Might be something to do with an 'initial' shed, seeing as it does interact with DHT and all, but not necessarily. How does your scalp feel since starting using it? if it feels overly dry or inflamed, itchy, then the shed might be a result of that.. in which case you should probably cut down your use of it.

Quote Originally Posted by ohlife View Post
    Might be something to do with an 'initial' shed, seeing as it does interact with DHT and all, but not necessarily. How does your scalp feel since starting using it? if it feels overly dry or inflamed, itchy, then the shed might be a result of that.. in which case you should probably cut down your use of it.
    It's felt pretty good actually...no dryness or itching.

No reason why you shouldn't stick with it then I'd say

guys, be aware that using Nizoiral shampoo can cause a negative effect on your hair and scalp. It can dry your scalp right out with too many applications and also cause server shedding.

I have spoken with a few guys recently and over the years who have introduced nizoral as part of their reg and it has not done them any favours, if anything its hindered them.

It's all too easy to use nizoral shampoo and feel you are benefiting your situ . It makes your hair feel great and also look fuller. The risk you run is over applying it due to this and in turn causing a drastic shed in some cases.

People may have a different opinion to me on this but i have spoken to many guys and a VERY common pattern has raised its head to me due to numerous and varied feedback on use of nizoral.

Regards

Spex
    Last edited by Spex; 03-27-2011 at 11:36 PM.
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Spex View Post
    guys, be aware that using Nizoiral shampoo can cause a negative effect on your hair and scalp. It can dry your scalp right out with too many applications and also cause server shedding.

I have spoken with a few guys recently and over the years who have introduced nizoral as part of their reg and it has not done them any favours, if anything its hindered them.

It's all too easy to use nizoral shampoo and feel you are benefiting your situ . It makes your hair feel great and also look fuller. The risk you run is over applying it due to this and in turn causing a drastic shed in some cases.

People may have a different opinion to me on this but i have spoken to many guys and a VERY common pattern has raised its head to me due to numerous and varied feedback on use of nizoral.

Regards

Spex
    hi spex, ive been using it 2 sometimes 3 times a week and initially it caused dryness, itching and also redness (inflammation) of scalp. I thought it was all just normal and continued to use it for a month.. now I've read this and become quite scared. I'vebeen shedding for a while and now i think ive overused nizoril and its caused some of my recent increased shedding what can i do? Should i stop nizoral use? Will i get those hairs back that have shed?

Hi MotherNature,

Firstly dont panic - its common. My advice would be stop nizoral altogther for a while 3-4 months - allow hair to come back in then and onlythen use nizoral once every fortnight for example.

Sounds to me like you have been totally over using it bro - very common.

Dont worry your hair that has shed will return over time - you have just shocked the crap out of it.
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

So can Spex or anyone tell me if it's ok to use nizoral 2% once a week??

And will this cause any shedding if just STARTING OUT ON IT??

Thanks

I think once a week is okay. Isn't that the recommended use indicated on the bottle, or prescription instructions?

Just a theory. bubble slides