+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Hmm Capixyl?

Yeah that's what I mean... wouldn't they have to say that Minoxidil is in the ingredients? they can't just come up with another name for it.. In fact, if you google the said peptide - 'Acetyl Tetrapeptide-3' - in google, nothing regarding minoxidil comes up?

Here's the link for the specifics of the product btw:

http://www.unipexinnovations.com/en/...id=38&from=cat

The website claims "higher efficacy than minoxidil." What exactly does this mean? If this is true, then there must be another active ingredient.

Also, I can't tell what form this product takes. Is it a pill? A topical? An oral version of minoxidil would be welcome since I find the topical version intolerable. It leaves my hair looking and feeling greasy and matted down. Once the minoxidil goes in, I can pretty much forget about styling my hair or looking presentable. Not to mention the serious scalp irritation that I get after several days of applications.

Default news

Hay guys..

Well i contacted them today and the person i spoke to explained to me that Capixyl is something that will be sold in the form of say a shampoo, so in effect it will be an important ingredient in the shampoo and will therefore not make up the entire shampoo.. so this answers the question of whether or not they will be marketing it with a clear no..

Basically Unipex is showing Capixyl off at the Milan show so as to sell it to someone like say Loreal etc. who will then market it in the form of a shampoo or maybe something else..

I dont think its a stronger more proficient version of minox but i could be wrong.. 7 yrs of development is a long time to create something that is just a better version of minox, but thats my opinion. What will be interesting is the release of their clinical trials which i don't know..

What is unclear to me then is if its an ingredient in say a shampoo then we still have to wait fro someone to buy it and then start selling it to the public.. that is my understanding, which unfortunately could take some time..

But nonetheless another step in the right direction

By the way its definitely not going to be in the form of a pill.. that was explicitly mentioned

any idea when this may be available?

I'd be happy with something coming out of no where that was 46% more effective than minoxidil and didn't require me to leave it on my scalp all day, but still..

I think it's available for order through the website, call one of the distributors and see if you can order it. I'm not sure you have to wait for a company to invest in it...

I'm surprised there hasn't been more attention surrounding this product. A topical that is more effective than minoxidil and doesn't have to be left on the scalp is big news. If it works as indicated, I don't understand why distributors wouldn't be falling over themselves trying to get ahold of it.

HOW is this minox?

Default Wait...

Can we order this already by calling the distributor number listed on their website? It says that the product has been released, I'd certainly try it out.

go for it! I'd definitely want to see it tested by other's first.