+ Reply to Thread

Default Need advice, please take a look at my pics...

Hi,
    I needed some advice on my hair and could really use the help.

First, here is my story:
    I've always had a ton of hair...and as a result, I stupidly thought I'd never have to worry about it either.
    Then one day, at age 26, I realized all of a sudden, I had lost a SIGNIFICANT amount of hair. From the front, I could see my scalp, and I could see a small bald spot forming on the back of my head. I wasn't too happy to say the least (and very worried).
    With some fearful optimism, I started on Propecia. I've been on it since about roughly November 08 till now.
    After year 1, I didn't feel any different...but luckily my doc took some before pictures. And comparing them with the year 1 pic, I was thrilled at the results. It wasn't a HUGE improvement, but it was a gradual improvement and to me, that was significant.

Fast forward to today, I feel like I've done pretty well. I now am very happy with my hair in the front. I can't see my scalp from the front now, and my hair feels like it's gotten a little thicker.

However, I still have problems filling out the back on top of the head. And I feel like propecia has stopped helping me grow back some lost hair, and just maintaining what I have now (though I'm not sure).
    And my question is this: is there anything else I can do? I really like propecia, I don't really experience sides and it's easy to keep up with it. But is there anything else I can do?

Studying the forums, I see that nizoral and rogaine have commonly been recommended to be used along with propecia...d'you guys think I would be a good candidate for these 2 products to get that area filled out?

Here are the pics in case you guys are curious. They are all current photos--taken today.
    Thanks in advance!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg

Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	8981   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg

Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	8982   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg

Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	8983   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg

Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	8984   Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg

Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	8985   Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg

Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	8986   Click image for larger version

Name:	7.jpg

Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	8987  

Yes there is! I wish these sites were around when I started!
    Find a Dr. who does PRP therapy mixed with acell.
    Its natural using your bodies own stem cells and the acell is a growth factor.It is pretty affordable but you will have to do it at least once a year preferably every 6mo.
    I was loosing hair for 20 yrs and it brought back good amount back.
    good luck!

You don't look like you're balding from those pics, you should give me some of your hair instead lol. Anyways, it was smart of you to catch MPB when it started. You'll be okay, just stick to Finasteride and add something like Minoxidil or Ketocanozole shampoo or add both for best results.

I think your hair looks great too. Got a question though for anyone because I have this also...in the area real close to his split, to the right of that, what are those smaller hairs & then the ones that you see like strands right next to it, like the roots of the hair....are these thin hair or healthy/regular hairs or miniaturized hairs? Someone told me that my hair looked brittle up in that area tonight.

Thank you.

Guys,

Just wanted to say thanks so much for the encouraging words.

It may not seem like it, and it may seem silly, but it truly means a lot to hear the encouragement from this very knowledged forum.

When I had a ton of hair, I always thought to myself, "hey, I don't care if I go bald...if or when it happens, it happens...I'm not that vain of a dude"

Then it happens, and I'm like "oh sh--...I don't like this one bit!"
    So it's a big deal for me.

I guess I've been on edge these days because my boss looked at my hair the other day, and he said, "dude, are you losing hair?"
    and I was mortified...
    then my coworker looked at it, and looked at my boss like he was crazy and said, "are you kidding me? he's got a full head of hair..."
    then my boss looked at it, and said, "oh, i guess you're right..."

So it put me in panic-mode again...
    If anything, it just shows that I need to continue to be diligent with my Fin, possibly add some other stuff to my regimen (minox and/or keto) and just keep plugging away & thank my lucky stars my head has responded somewhat decently to what's currently available to our disposal.

But truly, thanks again for the encouraging words.
    I SO NEEDED IT!!!

It's quite unusual to have more success at re-growing hair at the front than at the crown when using Propecia. I'd be interested in seeing the photos that were taken before treatment if you have them available.

Rogaine could be the final ingredient for helping with the crown, not that you need it very badly IMO. I would suggest just keeping it simple and applying it to the crown and nowhere else.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

mattj,

Let me try to dig up some pictures before the Propecia treatment began.
    My doc may have some on file.

It's so bizarre how some days your hair seems like it looks good and well on it's way to restored status OR just maintained hair status (which isn't bad too sometimes)...AND THEN there's some days where your hair just looks like your head is about to be bald in a couple months!

Anyhow, I will try to dig some old photos up and post them.

Quote Originally Posted by t-bone View Post
    Yes there is! I wish these sites were around when I started!
    Find a Dr. who does PRP therapy mixed with acell.
    Its natural using your bodies own stem cells and the acell is a growth factor.It is pretty affordable but you will have to do it at least once a year preferably every 6mo.
    I was loosing hair for 20 yrs and it brought back good amount back.
    good luck!
    Hey dude, asked in another thread but cant remember which... but did PRP help your hair on all areas of the scalp or just the crown?

So I was able to dig up some old photos since someone asked what my before-propecia hair looked like.

Here they are.

Looking at it again, I'm pretty happy with the progress.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg

Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	9216   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg

Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	9217   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg

Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	9218   Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg

Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	9219  

Quote Originally Posted by markgencorelli View Post
    So I was able to dig up some old photos since someone asked what my before-propecia hair looked like.

Here they are.

Looking at it again, I'm pretty happy with the progress.
    Even in these pics, you have really nice hair man, i'm jealous.

But yeah, comparing the pictures, you definitely regrew hair on the top. Just stick to the script and you'll be fine.

BTW, I think a lot of people do that: have a full head of hair, and act like they don't care if they start going bald, make jokes about shaving their head. Then when it actually happens, they're no longer jokes & smiles. When I was young, I told myself I didn't care, I would just say, hey i'll just shave it and look like Stone Cold Steve Austin[my fave wrestler]. But when it actually happened, I got depressed as hell and I still haven't really recovered from that blow.