+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default HT vs Cells reactivation

Hello everyone,

I'm starting to go bald, at 20, genetics can be evil . And just like a lot of you guys I started doing some research about cures and stuff.

The Hair Transplants with Hair multiplication look very promising, and will probably come to market in a near future (i'd say 5 years). But how expensive will it be? Each FUE is already incredibly expensive, and with hair multiplication being possible you will want lots of them! It will cost a fortune to make it look like a "cure"..

Although recent studies showed that the cells are still in the scalp, they are just no longer activated to produce hair. If scientists can reactivate these cells, that would be the cure we all look for, natural hair, and probably a lot cheaper than HT. Ir will probably take a couple of decades though to get to this...

Does anyone know of anything better, and coming up soon-ish?

Check out the Histogen HSC thread. Could be our best bet on the horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by luis View Post
    Hello everyone,

I'm starting to go bald, at 20, genetics can be evil . And just like a lot of you guys I started doing some research about cures and stuff.

The Hair Transplants with Hair multiplication look very promising, and will probably come to market in a near future (i'd say 5 years). But how expensive will it be? Each FUE is already incredibly expensive, and with hair multiplication being possible you will want lots of them! It will cost a fortune to make it look like a "cure"..

Although recent studies showed that the cells are still in the scalp, they are just no longer activated to produce hair. If scientists can reactivate these cells, that would be the cure we all look for, natural hair, and probably a lot cheaper than HT. Ir will probably take a couple of decades though to get to this...

Does anyone know of anything better, and coming up soon-ish?
    Anything that comes out will be cheaper than a HT
    the average cost of any future product will be around the $5k mark. adreans looks very promising, release date 2014, they try an expand it as much as possible for greater revenue and less costs.

I'd pay 5000$ to get my hair back tomorrow if it was available.
    And it would be the best 5000$ invested of my life.

I would much much rather see cell reactivation by far. I'm sick of hearing the words 'hair transplant' which in my opinion is such shitty (yet widespread) so-called solution to the problem of hair loss. I want my hair back and I don't want a permanent ear-to-ear scar in attempting to get it back. And I certainly don't want cobblestone marks all over my head from having it cut open to pluck out and then re-attach hair. I have heard that bone marrow stem cells and the chemical Noggin have the potential to promote robust hair growth yet no one is experimenting with them. What the **** are these scientists/doctors waiting for??

I surely pay $5,000 for my hair back. I'd even pay $20,000, no questions asked, to get my hair back!! But I'm not about to spend it on some shitty, scarring, minimally effective hair transplant.

**** that I'd go to $30,000 maybe $40,000 for the full head of hair...Wait I retract that. Dr. Ken and Dr. Craig are lurking lads lets downplay this one. Ten bucks doc, take it or leave it and I take HSC by force.

I think a little more nuance is necessary. A hair transplant for the front and midscalp section is a very good solution until histogen or aderans come out.

I honestly can't even afford a regular shitty FUT. I'm a college student, still living with my parents.

But if cell reactivation were available, and it cost about the same as a FUT, I would make myself afford it. I just don't like HT's. I could have afforded one about 3 years ago when I had a lot of money saved from working, and I didn't jump at the chance at getting a HT because i'm just not convinced by the results I have seen. I'd hate to pay 1000s of dollars and not be 100% satisfied, because I don't have money growing from a tree like apparently a lot of you other guys do, who can afford $40-50k HT's, good for you, but I can not afford that.

Id pay £100,000 for a full head of hair without question.