+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
    Yeah. Simply not enough hair to really make it work. I suppose that's one of the big reasons why every balding man that can afford it doesn't go for it. Also scarring sucks. If you had the choice of your hair back or to stay bald I would think a sizeable majority would jump at the chance. I'm not interested until they can create new hair or bring back old hair. FUE with multiplication sounds interesting but I'm now becoming skeptical of Dr. Cole's purported figures.

What we need to do is create a financial prize for the first treatment that either does it by reactivation or by multiplication. Rewards always get the job done more quickly. There's a foundation called the Methuselah Foundation whereby anyone can donate to it. The idea being to kickstart the field of regenerative medicine and the study of ageing. The goal is to radically extend the lifespan of mice and thereby to develop a proof of concept for human applications. Human applications tend to follow ten years after lab results.

Spencer should setup something similiar.
    I totally hear ya with regards to 'reward'. Sometimes I just wish that hair transplants weren't even out there so that doctors would focus on better methods for hair cell re-activation and regeneration. I also wish so many people wouldn't go for these hair transplants. Then if doctors weren't making so much money off of hair transplants, then they would be forced to offer something better. I myself could never get a hair transplant. I have read so many horror stories on here and on the web in general about hair transplants gone wrong and some of these stories are even with regards to IAHRS approved doctors. I just could never deal with permanent scars on my head and I'm not gonna pay like $20,000 for something that is far from perfect and doesn't create any new hair whatsoever.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
    You can get good results with the FUT & FUE combo if you're willing to go for the long slog and the scar. I suppose even if this Acell plucking thing works out you could spunk all the grafts on the front and mid scalp and then work at the crown with the plucking over time.

I think they feel that the plucked hair cycles normally but they're just not sure yet whether it will succumb to DHT and miniturise.
    If i would do it now, i would only fully focus on my frontal area but would give Cole the benefit of doubt here for this restoration if he uses acell etc.

The vertex area with plucking over time because even over time it wont never be completely blank, it will be just slightly diffuse

But FUT No never