+ Reply to Thread

Default Emails: Urget Drug Recall for Dr. Lee's products

So we all know that big pharma shut him down, I did find it interesting that not all of the members on here known to be taking his products received this email:
    ==================================

Urgent Drug Recall
    Regrowth, LLC
    7049 Greenleaf Avenue
    Whittier, CA 90602
    www.minoxidil.com
    Dear<name>

This is to inform you of a product recall involving all of the products prescribed and dispensed to you by Regrowth, LLC.
    The recall has been initiated because the U.S. FDA has determined that these products were unapproved by the FDA and may be potential health hazards.
    This is a comprehensive list of the Regrowth LLC products:
    Product ID Description
    002 Retin-A .025% Solution 60 mL bottle
    003 Retin-A .05% Solution 60 mL bottle
    201 2% Spironolactone Solution 60 mL bottle
    205 5% Spironolactone Lotion 2 oz. jar
    420 Regrowth Treatment Shampoo (2% Ketoconazole/3% Salicylic Acid) 4oz bottle
    500 5% Minoxidil Solution 65 mL bottle
    501 5% Minoxidil Solution + Retinoic Acid. 65 mL bottle
    540 5% Minoxidil Solution without Propylene Glycol 65 mL bottle
    600 5% ******* Solution (5% Minoxidil/5% Azelaic Acid) 65 mL bottle
    601 5% ******* Solution (5% Minoxidil/5% Azelaic Acid) + 0.025% Retinoic Acid 65 mL bottle
    640 5% ******* Solution (5% Minoxidil/5% Azelaic Acid) without Propylene Glycol 65mL bottle
    700 12.5% Minoxidil Solution 125mL bottle
    768 6% Minoxidil-PLUS (6% Minoxidil/01% Finasteride) Solution 65mL bottle
    925 12.5% ******* (12.5% Minoxidil/5% Azelaic Acid) Lotion 125 mL bottle
    930 12.5% ******* (12.5% Minoxidil/5% Azelaic Acid) Lotion 30 mL bottle
    940 *******15 Solution (15% Minoxidil/5% Azelaic Acid) 125 mL bottle
    948 ******* 15-Plus Solution (15% Minoxidil/5% Azelaic Acid/0.1% Finasteride) 125 mL bottle

The medication or medications you have received contain one or more of the following active ingredients:
    Minoxidil [1]
    Azelaic Acid [2]
    Finasteride[3]
    Spironolactone[4]
    Retinoic Acid[5]
    Ketoconazole[6]
    Salicylic Acid[7]

[1] Minoxidil can cause a decrease in the blood pressure, an increase in the heart rate, dizziness on standing (orthostatic hypotension), lightheadedness, headaches and swollen feet/hands.

[2] Azelaic acid can cause hypopigmentation in darkly pigmented patients. It can also make the skin where it is applied more sensitive to sunburn.
    [3] Finasteride can cause erectile dysfunction, decreased libido and testicular pain. Finasteride use is contraindicated in women when they are or may potentially be pregnant. Finasteride use may have the potential to cause abnormalities of the external genitalia of a male fetus of a pregnant woman.
    [4] Spironolactone applied topically is quickly and completely metabolized. The metabolic products can cause vomiting, diarrhea, stomach pain or cramps, dry mouth, thirst, dizziness, headache, gynecomastia and irregular menses.
    [5] Retinoic acid can cause burning and stinging of the skin, lightening of the skin in the treated area, peeling, redness, an unusually warm feeling and unusual dryness.
    [6] Ketoconazole in a shampoo can cause hair discoloration and abnormal hair texture, removal of the curl from permanently waved hair, itching, skin burning sensation and contact dermatitis, alopecia, rash, urticaria, skin irritation and dry skin.
    [7] Salicylic acid can cause mild, temporary burning, itching, irritation, or stinging.

Please complete and return the Customer Response Form shown below as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please (ReplyToRecall@minoxidil.com).

You are being advised to stop using any and all of these products and to destroy them.
    This recall is being made with the knowledge of the Food and Drug Administration.

Customer Response Form for Regrowth, LLC Recall of All Products
    Please check ALL appropriate boxes:
    I <name>, Customer ID: have read and understand the recall instructions provided in this March 2011 email message ___
    I have checked my stock and have quarantined inventory of all Regrowth LLC products ___
    Indicate disposition of recalled product(s):
    Used (Specify quantity and date) ****************_______
    Destroyed (Specify quantity, date and method)
    Any adverse events associated with recalled product(s)? Yes ___ No ___
    If yes, please explain:

Please complete, copy and send this response form to ReplyToRecall@minoxidil.com.

lol...........

Somewhat absurd if u ask me. People have been using his products for decades.

Sucks that someone that saved my hair with good products gets screwed over while the scammers roam free.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheHair View Post
    lol...........

Somewhat absurd if u ask me. People have been using his products for decades.

Sucks that someone that saved my hair with good products gets screwed over while the scammers roam free.
    I hear you on that. Here's a follow up email I got just now from Regrowth:
    =======================

Regrowth LLC Patient
    Dear <name>

You have received an email from Regrowth LLC with the heading of _Urgent Drug Recall_. In fact, there is no urgency at all
    . The Recall Notifications, which ask if you have used or destroyed the Regrowth LLC product(s), was not sent from or by the FDA. But it was the FDA that mandated Regrowth LLC send the Recall Notifications, using their guidelines for the quarantine and for the disposal of the products(s), thereby making our products appear to be 'dangerous'. This is simply not the case. The products(s) are not in any way contaminated or otherwise defective. We're very sorry to have caused you all this consternation and confusion and for ourselves for the outcome of the FDA audit, which resulted in the close of Regrowth LLC and the inability to continue servicing your needs.
    Richard Lee, M.D.
    Consulting Physician

Quote Originally Posted by ThinFast View Post
    I hear you on that. Here's a follow up email I got just now from Regrowth:
    =======================

Regrowth LLC Patient
    Dear <name>

You have received an email from Regrowth LLC with the heading of _Urgent Drug Recall_. In fact, there is no urgency at all
    . The Recall Notifications, which ask if you have used or destroyed the Regrowth LLC product(s), was not sent from or by the FDA. But it was the FDA that mandated Regrowth LLC send the Recall Notifications, using their guidelines for the quarantine and for the disposal of the products(s), thereby making our products appear to be 'dangerous'. This is simply not the case. The products(s) are not in any way contaminated or otherwise defective. We're very sorry to have caused you all this consternation and confusion and for ourselves for the outcome of the FDA audit, which resulted in the close of Regrowth LLC and the inability to continue servicing your needs.
    Richard Lee, M.D.
    Consulting Physician
    I almost discarded my *******. I am glad that they sent out the follow up email.