Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gutted
    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by 2020
    my hair loss is slow anyways I don't need something as strong as finasteride I would be fine with something weak but doesn't work like finasteride
    nw2 thin at 21 is not slow balding, at 21 i was nw0...at 24 i am now nw1.

Comment

• Jan 2012

Originally posted by ccmethinning
      Saw Palmetto maybe?
      Saw Palmetto is a 5AR inhibitor too...

Comment

• gutted
        • Jan 2011

I'm not on Fin yet. I have the prescription in hand but haven't filled it yet. I was really confident before, but hearing more and more about Fin speeding up hair loss (beyond the initial Fin shed) is making me think twice.
        you should take reports on the internet with a grain of salt. If your doctor and you think you are a good candidate then you should try it. get your dht levels checked and take it from there.

Comment

• Jan 2012

Originally posted by gutted
          nw2 thin at 21 is not slow balding, at 21 i was nw0...at 24 i am now nw1.
          and I'm fine with that pace it's not linear anyways I don't need to use fin I need something that works in other ways

Comment

• ccmethinning
            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by gutted
            you should take reports on the internet with a grain of salt. If your doctor and you think you are a good candidate then you should try it. get your dht levels checked and take it from there.
            Unfortunatley I didn't go to an in person doctor. I got a prescription from Medical Wellness Center, which believe it or not gave me a real Massachusetts state prescription signed by a real MD.

Comment

• gutted
              • Jan 2011

Unfortunatley I didn't go to an in person doctor. I got a prescription from Medical Wellness Center, which believe it or not gave me a real Massachusetts state prescription signed by a real MD.
              i dont know what to reccommend then. Getting on fin is a decision you should make for yourself after weighing the beneifits and the risks.

Comment

• WarLord
                • May 2012

not anecdotal... it is definitely happening it's just for most people it happens after many years. How else would you explain the fact that finasteride doesn't work forever?
                Please, show me your 50-years' study that indicates a loss of efficiacy in all patients. So far we know that it works in ca. 86% patients for 10 years.

Comment

• WarLord
                  • May 2012

Originally posted by kyle
                  i noticed my hair line was receding at about 19 and i started on rogaine 5% within months after turning 20 and didn't notice any results positve or not but i kept at it regardless. Fast forward to now, i'm 23 and started finasteride 6 months ago. Initially i had some shedding but nothing major and then positive results started coming in. Even my hairline was coming in and i noticed so many hairs regrowing. Then it all took a turn, more hair was falling out and over the course of two weeks it escalated from like 40-50 to now it's got to be well over 150 a day.
                  Has anybody else experienced this?
                  Should i quit or ride this horrible stretch out?

All opinions/stories are welcome

thanks in advance guys
                  and what is your situation now?

Comment

• BGP
                    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by WarLord
                    Please, show me your 50-years' study that indicates a loss of efficiacy in all patients. So far we know that it works in ca. 86% patients for 10 years.
                    This.

10char

Comment

• WarLord
                      • May 2012

Originally posted by kyle
                      I noticed my hair line was receding at about 19 and I started on Rogaine 5% within months after turning 20 and didn't notice any results positve or not but I kept at it regardless. Fast forward to now, I'm 23 and started finasteride 6 months ago. Initially I had some shedding but nothing major and then positive results started coming in. Even my hairline was coming in and I noticed so many hairs regrowing. Then it all took a turn, more hair was falling out and over the course of two weeks it escalated from like 40-50 to now it's got to be well over 150 a day.
                      Has anybody else experienced this?
                      Should I quit or ride this horrible stretch out?

All opinions/stories are welcome

Thanks in advance guys
                      A curious question: Do you still take minoxidil? And if you don't, when did you stop?

Comment

• WarLord
                        • May 2012

Remember that guys whining on internet forums are mostly a bunch of weakminded, hysterical hypochondriacs. They represent less than 5% of all users, judging from the rare side effects they report. The picture that we get from their messages is perversely skewed.

Comment

• WarLord
                          • May 2012

no I haven't. Finasteride is safe and effective just not long term and by long term I mean ~3 years and after year it's all slowly downhill....
                          If you don't bother to read all the available information, then shut up and don't infect people by such an misinformation, you idiotic ******!

You are one of those imbecile losers, who don't try any medication seriously, yet you always know best, how long it works, and you must give your "wise advice" on internet forums!

Comment

Working...