+ Reply to Thread

Default Thyroid Problems

Does your hair miniturize when you have a thyroid problem?
    When I get my throid levels back up will my hair start regrowing?
    Please tell me more.

I know that it definitely causes hair thinning and probably miniaturization. I just found out today that my thyroid is high & I am actually underweight (6 ft 1 and 124lbs) and my doctor did confirm that hair loss is associated with this. I noticed recently my hair getting kind of fine and thin in my crown/vertex area. Definitely a good blood test to do if you are in question.

I'm hypothyroid and I'm not certain if thyroid issues cause miniaturization. Typically your hair loss will be very sudden, like losing a lot in a single week. It will also be very patchy. I have experienced "crop circles" on my arms and legs where patches of hair have fallen out. I'm sure having thyroid issues won't help hair loss, but it may not be the only cause.

Quote Originally Posted by jasinfla View Post
    I know that it definitely causes hair thinning and probably miniaturization. I just found out today that my thyroid is high & I am actually underweight (6 ft 1 and 124lbs) and my doctor did confirm that hair loss is associated with this. I noticed recently my hair getting kind of fine and thin in my crown/vertex area. Definitely a good blood test to do if you are in question.

I dont know whether im under or over active, they told me I need to go for further tests, but they said ive got a thyroid problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ThinFast View Post
    I'm hypothyroid and I'm not certain if thyroid issues cause miniaturization. Typically your hair loss will be very sudden, like losing a lot in a single week. It will also be very patchy. I have experienced "crop circles" on my arms and legs where patches of hair have fallen out. I'm sure having thyroid issues won't help hair loss, but it may not be the only cause.
    Patchy? So it wont be all over the scalp? My eyebrows are falling out aswell. I think mine is due to my thyroid and a spell of extreme stress which I had for 4months.