+ Reply to Thread

Default 32 yo quitting dutasteride after 2 months due to dry eyes

Alright guys, I want to share my experience with Dut so that ppl may benefit from it.
    I was on Dut for 2 months, 1 time per week 0.5mg generic. I was also on Fin 0.5mg/day + Trpical Minox 1 time/day before and during Dut because I saw so many ppl complaining about losing hair when they dropped fin completely for dut. Been on that regime for 5+ years and started to lose ground consistently, so decided to hop on dut.
    I had to quit Dut due to severe dry eyes. Yeah, never heard that from anyone on this forum but it was the case for me. After stopping Dut for 1.5 months now, my eyes are still dry which causes blurry vision at night.
    The morning after I took the first pill, my entire scalp felt different. It was like everything went dry. That's how it felt. I didn't notice any increase in hair fall until week 2 or 3, where the shedding started to pick up. I was losing 60-80 hair/day before dut. I'd say I lost about 120-150 hair/day starting week 2-3 on dut. The hairs that came out were a mix of short and long hair just like what others described -- hair from the sides and back also came out big time. The biggest hit was in the front. I lost about 1 NW in the span of 2 months. My friends who thought I was too obsessed with hairloss earlier actually told me my hairloss looked real for the first time.
    By month 1.5 or so, I had days where I lost no more than 30 hairs which was amazing at the time. But then the next day came, and 100+ hairs came out again.
    It was around that 1month-ish mark that my eyes felt noticeably dryer by each passing week to the point where it really bothered me at night. I decided that my health was more important than gaining 1-2 NW max, so i dropped dut completely and continued my prior regimen.
    After 1.5 months of quitting dut, my shed still continues with no sign of abating. I must have lost about 1.5 NW now.
    I'm not trying to scare anyone off of using dut. But if ur a NW 2-3, perhaps it's not worth the risk of sides and having to stop treatment and losing 1.5 NW in the process. And if you look at the studies that are often quoted for the great efficacy of dut, they never really tell you which NW the patients were before dut. I mean if you increased the hair count of subject by 25% but the subject don't have much hair to begin with, that's not a lot at all. I suspect that ppl who are NW 2-3 are better off using fin + minox and then they can take a chance with dut once they are past NW4.
    That's my experience with Dut. Please share yours if you have taken it especially if you took it concurrently with fin.
    Best wishes to y'all.
    Cheers.