+ Reply to Thread

Default 27 Years Old and Hawking

Hello All

First I`d like to thank everyone for taking time to look at this thread (those that will). I am especially greateful for a forum such as this that allows everyday people to share help and talk about balding and hair problems that people suffer through and endure as well as success stories. The information I have found here today has made me decide to become a poster.

I told myself for my 28th bday this year I am going to do something about my hair. I beleive it all started back when I was early 20s. Nothing major just a receding hair line which I thought was natural, gettin a lil older so a lil more creeping up the old hair goes. I didnt really take notice though until the time I finished uni at the age of 24, by then it had started to creep up even higher and has continued to for the past few years. It is now to the point where I feel like I have an un-intentional mohawk.

So basically I am making this post in hopes of finding some great comments, thoughts suggestions, as well as some possible solutions or corrective meausres I may take.

Here is a link to a slideshow with a few different views of the hawk.
    http://img132.imageshack.us/slidesho...d=84487343.jpg

Again I would like to thank everyone and looking forward to the replies

Thanks,

Hawk

Hell, I'd just shave the rest of the shit off and go for a mohawk look!

But yeah, you've had quite a bit of temporal recession. The bad news is that it may be hard for you to gain any of that back. The 2 main drugs anyone talks about regarding hair loss are Propecia and Minoxidil/Rogaine (the only 2 FDA approved drugs). As a rule of thumb, maintaining hair is easier than regrowing hair, but it all depends upon the person. You could try both of those medications out, but I highly doubt you're going to be able to grow much back in your temporal region. Good luck.

Hoesnt Balding, I have been tempted to rock the hawk look I wont lie. But before I resort to that I figured Id give saving that head of hair atleast once, atleast that way I can always tell myself I tried.

Yeah I was looking at both of those FDA approved hair treatments, but from what I have read so far is that they have lillte to no effect on temporal recession. I have also been thinking about a FUE procedure. But again I havent consulted with any physician yet, or for that matter know if I have adequate hair for the procedure.

Thanks Balding for your Reply,

Hawk

Your neck doesn't lack for hair. It's worth trying the treatments because you don't want to lose any more hair, and even though they have a lower success rate at gaining back hair which has been lost from the front, they can be very good for retaining hair in that area.

If you were to have a FUE procedure, considering that you weren't worried about your hair when it was receding, you would probably be just as fine if the transplanted hairline were positioned quite conservatively. That would be a sensible goal to work for, but trying the medications would be the wisest route to take before going any further.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com