Why can't we edit our own posts? - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Member Red20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    84

    Exclamation Why can't we edit our own posts?

    I accidently misspelled Dr Umar's name. It should be Sanusi.

    I guess Sansui is a Japanese company and it is confusing people when they do a google search.

    Please change the name in title of my thread and in the body of my thread.

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Senior Member PayDay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red20 View Post
    I accidently misspelled Dr Umar's name. It should be Sanusi.

    I guess Sansui is a Japanese company and it is confusing people when they do a google search.

    Please change the name in title of my thread and in the body of my thread.

    Thanks!
    Why would you care if your doctor was being Google searched correctly? Does this seem extremely fishy or is it just me?

  3. #3
    Doctor Representative mattj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,273

    Default

    I believe editing posts was disabled due to spammers making legitimate-seeing posts and then coming back and editing them into spam. Sneaky.
    I think there's a window of time where you can edit a post for about ten minutes after making it.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

    My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

    I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

  4. #4
    Member Red20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PayDay View Post
    Why would you care if your doctor was being Google searched correctly? Does this seem extremely fishy or is it just me?

    Because a couple people messaged me telling me I misspelled Dr Umar's name and I felt bad about.

    I then discovered none of us can edit any of our older posts on this forum.


    Everyone that takes time out of their day, to document their hair transplant procedures, wants them to be accurate.

  5. #5
    Member Red20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mattj View Post
    I believe editing posts was disabled due to spammers making legitimate-seeing posts and then coming back and editing them into spam. Sneaky.
    I think there's a window of time where you can edit a post for about ten minutes after making it.

    Thanks for the explanation Matt.

    I appreciate it.

Similar Threads

  1. 30, had ht, this forum has some scary posts lol
    By chasguy in forum Introduce Yourself & Share Your Story
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-05-2010, 02:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

If this is true, can be considered a solution.
11-06-2013 01:54 PM
by JulioGP
Last Post By Integrando Salud
Today 09:33 PM
How many hairs is not normal?
09-03-2020 12:44 AM
Last Post By tiagomartins
Today 06:44 PM
Just Turned 19 What Norwood Am I At?
Today 02:13 PM
by ieele
Last Post By ieele
Today 02:13 PM
10 Hair Health Tips to Start 2018 Right
01-11-2018 03:20 AM
by Spex
Last Post By Polipap12
Today 12:27 PM
best home based Hair loss Treatments Tips.........
07-21-2016 12:46 AM
Last Post By HairGuru
Today 12:21 PM