+ Reply to Thread

Default white buds at the end of hairs?

Hi guys,

Im 24 and my regimen is nizoral twice a week and propecia daily, for 1 and a half months now. I have noticed that some of my hairs that fall out have little white buds/bulbs at the end of them, at first i thought it could be dandruff but now I am worried it is something else.. could it be Anagen Effluvium?? Could I have this? I was researching around and it is a condition primarily caused by the use of chemotherapeutic agents such as alkylysing agents.. could the nizoral/propercia be causing it? My temples have receeded so I'm pretty sure I have MPB as both my grandfathers were bald. I have also been shedding pretty bad in the past few months What is the white bud at the end of the hair? I hate seeing hairs fall on my desk as I study.. i try to convince myself that its part of the normal daily shedding but i know deep down im going bald.. and its really depressing to see hairs.

Is there anything else I can take to stop my hairline receeding? I don't want to use minox as I tried it and its highly impractical as it messes up my hairstyle in the mornings and I dont want to be using it for the rest of my life. Saw palmetto or something? Sprironolactone? I heard some other people on this forum talking about it.. i really want it to stop shedding

p.s. ive also started getting a slightly itchy scalp.. is this normal?

Quote Originally Posted by mothernature View Post
    Hi guys,

Im 24 and my regimen is nizoral twice a week and propecia daily, for 1 and a half months now. I have noticed that some of my hairs that fall out have little white buds/bulbs at the end of them, at first i thought it could be dandruff but now I am worried it is something else.. could it be Anagen Effluvium?? Could I have this? I was researching around and it is a condition primarily caused by the use of chemotherapeutic agents such as alkylysing agents.. could the nizoral/propercia be causing it? My temples have receeded so I'm pretty sure I have MPB as both my grandfathers were bald. I have also been shedding pretty bad in the past few months What is the white bud at the end of the hair? I hate seeing hairs fall on my desk as I study.. i try to convince myself that its part of the normal daily shedding but i know deep down im going bald.. and its really depressing to see hairs.

Is there anything else I can take to stop my hairline receeding? I don't want to use minox as I tried it and its highly impractical as it messes up my hairstyle in the mornings and I dont want to be using it for the rest of my life. Saw palmetto or something? Sprironolactone? I heard some other people on this forum talking about it.. i really want it to stop shedding

p.s. ive also started getting a slightly itchy scalp.. is this normal?
    I would still await a doctors response, however, I believe the white bud at the end is hardened sebum that gets left on the hair when it is pulled from the scalp.

I would not advise conflating the use of Propecia and Saw Palmetto.

I use procerin tablets instead of propecia.does the same.for topical tricomin spray.I have used it 2yrs good results.
    Remember don't freakout! Take fiber every day this keeps bowel clean & circulation going good. Go find a dr that does PRP therapy.(shots using own blood with stemcells) it will rejuvenate hair and help u from losing.Out of everything Ive tried PRP has worked the best! There is a new procedure where they mix PRP with Acell(google) and having really good results.I go back to dr yarmann next month for my next prp and will get to try for 1st time mixed with acell and very excited!

Same. I assumed it was dandruff. The Nizoral doesn't work like it used to. Did you find out more about this?

i heard that hair with white buds at the end is just normal hair that has shed due to e.g. stress and will grow back normally.

What about hair that sheds that doesnt have a white bud at the end of it? Is this a sign that the hair is miniturizing if it doesnt have anything at the end of it? Any ideas

Ease off nizoral twice weekly - overkill and may well cause hair to shed!
    Once a week is more than sufficient

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthr...3425#post33425

best
    S
    Last edited by Spex; 07-05-2011 at 06:19 AM.
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.