+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default female hair loss

I am 47 and I have always had thin hair since I was 19 but haven't gone bald. Recently, I started losing more hair and I am afraid I may go bald so started worrying about it. Besides surgery, is there any other way to prevent more hair loss and promote hair growth?
    Please let me know. I hope to get a response.

Depending on your type of hair loss, treatments are available. If a medicine is causing your hair loss, your doctor may be able to prescribe a different medicine. Recognizing and treating an infection may help stop the hair loss. Correcting a hormone imbalance may prevent further hair loss.

Medicines may also help slow or prevent the development of common baldness. One medicine, minoxidil (brand name: Rogaine), is available without a prescription. It is applied to the scalp. Both men and women can use it. Another medicine, finasteride, is available with a prescription. It comes in pills and is only for men. It may take up to 6 months before you can tell if one of these medicines is working.

If adequate treatment is not available for your type of hair loss, you may consider trying different hairstyles or wigs, hairpieces, hair weaves or artificial hair replacement.

Have you had any blood tests done? Sometimes hair loss in women has a very specific cause such as thyroid problems or anaemia.

Have you tried some of these natural ways : coconut oil, onion and I heard guava leaves is effective as well, just boil them and wash your hair with it.
    My sister tried boiling grapefruit peel before and she said it worked

Have you tried some of these natural ways : coconut oil, onion and I heard guava leaves is effective as well, just boil them and wash your hair with it.

Quote Originally Posted by aubreymarilyn View Post
    Hi, I agreed! Natural products are the best way to promote hair growth. I have an experience of coconut oil when I had suffered from hair loss problem. Got amazing results!

Inactive

Thanks for sharing information.
    Quote Originally Posted by saniaa83 View Post
    Depending on your type of hair loss, treatments are available. If a medicine is causing your hair loss, your doctor may be able to prescribe a different medicine. Recognizing and treating an infection may help stop the hair loss. Correcting a hormone imbalance may prevent further hair loss.

Medicines may also help slow or prevent the development of common baldness. One medicine, minoxidil (brand name: Rogaine), is available without a prescription. It is applied to the scalp. Both men and women can use it. Another medicine, finasteride, is available with a prescription. It comes in pills and is only for men. It may take up to 6 months before you can tell if one of these medicines is working.

If adequate treatment is not available for your type of hair loss, you may consider trying different hairstyles or wigs, hairpieces, hair weaves or artificial hair replacement.

Network marketing is a web network of individuals who could sell and hire and build a sequence of stores, the precise company products, and services to people. Through making a big chain of people you will gain more money.

Simple tips to follow to avoid hair loss: · Hot showers are known to strip your hair and scalp of the natural, essential oils. Visit https://lovehairstyles.com/asymmetrical-bob-haircuts/

Quote Originally Posted by Amy View Post
    Besides surgery, is there any other way to prevent more hair loss and promote hair growth?

Please let me know. I hope to get a response.
    I waited too long to start treatment, so I did need to have surgery. However, prior to contacting a hair transplant surgeon, I talked to my primary care doctor about it. That was almost four years ago. He suggesting giving the laser comb a try. So I bought one and I've been using it ever since. After the first six months of using the laser comb, my hair did look thicker and it certainly was stronger - but I'm not sure if any hair actually grew back. It definitely made what hair I had left look better.

After that first six months of using the laser comb alone, I added Minoxidil and Nizoral A-D shampoo to my treatment regimen. Another six months later I was seeing hair grow back - and it was normal hair, not peach fuzz. I was happy about being able to grow some hair back - but it was patchy and it wasn't enough so I contacted a hair transplant surgeon. I continued to treat it for another year and grew some more back - but that still wasn't enough and it was still patchy, so I had surgery as well. Hair restoration is a painfully slow process.