+ Reply to Thread

Default Why not mix PRP with WNT proteins

Many studies have proven WNT proteins cause regrowth and that is what Histogen is using to get regrowth in trailists so why not try to add WNT proteins to a PRP procedure? Use the same WNT proteins that Histogen and see if it causes a lot of regrowth?

As you said Histogen are already trialing the usage of WNT-proteins for hair loss. If and when they get approval then they might, if they have any indications making them think they will get better results, try mixing it with PRP.

There are tons of studies showing it causes regrowth, I think it's like WNT10 or something and Histogen isn't coming out for a long time, it's hard to deal with this kind of condition and feel like you have to wait such a long time for an answer especially because it gets worst over time.

Actually I think it's WNT7, regardless it should be tested outside of Histogen.

From what I've read, WNT proteins are not so safe to experiment with as PRP. Remember - WNT 7 is the one pathway that doesn't lead to cancer cell proliferation...I'd rather trust the experts with this one.

right, so if WNT7 is the one that is proven to not be carcinogenic then why not experiment with it?

Keephoping;
    Histogen are doing exactly what you are suggesting - and it just wouldn't make sense for another company to put their money in to doing the exact same thing, and being several years behind histogen.

You have to understand that WNT-proteins are not like drinking a glass of yoghurt. They actually alter how our cells function, and have a role in a whole heap of things including embryonal development and development of cancer cells.

Researching what side effects they might have is exactly what histogen are doing in their trials - and it is going to take the time that it takes. Hopefully they will have something out by 2013.

That makes sense but I have two questions:

One, you said earlier that wnt7 was the one that doesn't lead to cancer cell proliferation, so then would it be safe to use with the proper medium? Two, I already know it's being tested but could doctors potentially try to supplement wnt7 proteins into something like a PRP procedure without having to go through clinical trials, I guess I'm asking if you think it's something that would need FDA approval to try out or could doctors potentially try putting wnt7's into PRP?

No, it's definately something that needs to go through rigorous clinical trials before being offered to the public.
    Sorry mate, but at the moment all we can do is wait and hope that histogens complex is safe and effective.