+ Reply to Thread

Default Funeral Question

I have a an extended family member (Eric, 33) who was Buddhist but just recently passed. His family is VERY Christian (like believing the King James version is the only proper Bible) and his uncle (a southern Baptist preacher, who will be officiating) strong-armed his mother to have a Christian funeral service website. (The service hasn't taken place yet) It bothers me immensely they are not respecting Eric in life or death. Part of me wants to at least place a picture of the Buddha at his casket and lay some fruit, invite some local monks, read a section on "A Buddhist Reflects on Happy Living", etc but I have a feeling that that will cause an uproar and remove the peace & serenity. Do I just leave it alone and let it be or what? I don't identify with any one religion but it bothers me to no end that they don't respect his religion and that they are going to use Eric's passing as a way to "save" the people attending & not celebrating or remembering Eric. Eric was a great person and this hurts my heart so much. I'd appreciate any help, insight or advice. Thank you all

he passed away, everyone should respect his religion, that's the last kindness to have x trench run

Numerous authors have attempted to explain the significance of angel numbers. The meaning of this angel number can be deduced by combining numbers. The letters H, J, A, K, M, G, and D are associated with the number 7171. By attempting to make words with these letters; You might learn what this 7171 angel number meaning.

I can understand how difficult and challenging this situation must be for you, as it involves conflicting religious subway surfers beliefs and honoring the memory of your extended family member. While it is important to respect the beliefs and wishes of the family, it is equally important to honor the wishes and beliefs of the deceased.

It's understandable that you want to honor Eric's Buddhist beliefs and remember him in a way that feels true to who he was. While it's important to respect the wishes of Eric's family, it's also important to honor his memory and beliefs in a way that feels true to him. Have you considered suggesting a Bench Headstone as a way to commemorate Eric's life and beliefs? It could be a peaceful and respectful way to remember him and could provide a space for quiet reflection and contemplation.

Causing an uproar or adding more stress to the situation may not be the best approach. It might be helpful to have a conversation with the family and express your concerns and feelings in a respectful and compassionate manner. It's possible that they may not fully understand the significance of honoring Eric's Buddhist beliefs and traditions. Ultimately, it's up to you to decide how involved you want to be in the funeral planning and whether or not you want to incorporate any Buddhist practices or traditions. Regardless, I hope you find peace and comfort during this difficult time. Also, if you need any assistance regarding grave headstones near me, I'm here to help.

Perhaps speaking with his family gently about incorporating elements from both traditions could honor Eric's beliefs without causing conflict. Share your perspective respectfully, emphasizing the importance of honoring Eric's life authentically.

If there's resistance, focusing on celebrating Eric's life outside the official service could be an option. Hosting a separate gathering with elements reflective of his Buddhist beliefs could provide solace to those who cherished him.

Also, in considering funeral options, sites like greenfarewells.com offer eco-friendly ways to commemorate a loved one's passing, aligning with the values Eric held.