Telogen Effluvium or Stress Related hair loss treatment with PRP - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default Telogen Effluvium or Stress Related hair loss treatment with PRP

Could PRP or PRP/Acell be an effective treatment for people affected by Telogen Effluvium or stress related hairloss? I'm wondering because I have thinned diffusely mostly across the top but I've loss some density at the sides as well and I think PRP or PRP/Acell could really help, maybe even permanently... Any thoughts?

It is unfortunate that many women are facing with the problem of alopecia or hair loss. These problems which can be embarrassing and heartbreaking can the one which can often be treated. Hair loss is caused by a variety of factors. While several of these are hereditary. Make sure to find the right solution and treat for the same.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepHoping View Post
    Could PRP or PRP/Acell be an effective treatment for people affected by Telogen Effluvium or stress related hairloss? I'm wondering because I have thinned diffusely mostly across the top but I've loss some density at the sides as well and I think PRP or PRP/Acell could really help, maybe even permanently... Any thoughts?
    To my knowledge, most cases involving telogen effluvium and even stess-alopecia "are temporary" conditions where a substantial amount of one's scalp enters the resting/dormant phase. I have not heard of patients with these conditions being treated with PRP or Acell. I would advise that your write to the doctors using these treatments to see if they have in fact had any success with it.

If you are female, have you had a complete lab work-up done testing any other possible causes to your hairloss?
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Telogen Effluvium and stress-related hair loss can be effectively treated with Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) therapy. PRP involves extracting a small amount of your own blood, processing it to concentrate the platelets rich in growth factors, and then injecting it into the scalp. This stimulates hair follicles, promotes hair growth, and strengthens existing hair. While PRP has shown promising results in addressing hair loss caused by these conditions, individual responses may vary. Combining PRP therapy with a healthy lifestyle, stress management, and any underlying medical treatment can optimize the chances of successful hair regrowth. Consulting a medical professional experienced in hair loss treatments is essential for personalized advice and treatment planning.

Alas, stress is a negative factor for the body as a whole. Not only does it make your hair fall out...