+ Reply to Thread

Red face Reality is hard to take...isn't it?

Well, my name is Arian, I am 25 years old and I joined this website because there will be no one who that can understand me as everybody here.

I started loosing my hair at 22-23 years old, even though I started seeing hair falling and falling I didn't do anything about it. I didn't want to accept that I was going bald, so I kept lying to myself, but now at 25 the reality is right in my front step. My crown and receding line are obvious, well...not THAT obvious but people notice that my I am thinning. Sometimes they make comments and I feel bad inside.

I used to have a full head of hair, I wanted to go for modeling and now I feel like im 50, that's the truth. Reality has hit me hard.

BUT THERE's always a LIGHT at the end of the TUNNEL...I GUESS...

SO I started taking Finasteride a month ago, and I also use Minoxidil as part of a daily regimen. I obviously haven't seen any results but I am anxious to see how things are going to change in about 3 or 5 months. I guess people respond differently and hopefully my results will be good. Otherwise, for now I use Toppik, hair fibers to cover the thinning part on the top of my head. I kind of hate it though, it takes time, sometimes it looks bad, unless I do it very carefully and it just depresses me that at 25 I need to be doing this!!

Anyways, at the moment I don't have the $ for hair transplantation but OMG!!!, as soon as I get the oportunity I will do that!!! Im just waiting to see how the Propecia and Minoxidil are going to work.

Well as you can see, i am not letting go of the hair I have left and I WILL NOT go completely bald! that's my reality.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0014.jpg

Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	8912   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0015.jpg

Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	8913  

Welcome to the forum. We’ve all been in the denial stage and have all faced the harsh realty that this is not going away on its own. I think you’re taking the right steps to try to slow or stop your hair loss. And you are right, there is light at the end of the tunnel, just stay positive!