+ Reply to Thread

Default Hair cloning will be DOA?

Hi everyone,

I am curious to hear what you all think. I know hair cloning(massive amounts at least) still has a long ways to go before it is even an option for any type of mainstream release into the marketplace.

My thoughts are this avenue of treatment is dead before it even starts

It seems so much damage is done to the hairs during dissection and then plantation into the recipient. It ends up growing wirey odd direction hairs in the end.

I realize we are learning more about how hairs function and grow etc from continued work in hair cloning. Its also a real possibility that implanted cloned hairs would suffer far less damage because they would be completely skipping the dissection process which would likely lead to better end result hairs sprouting from the recipient.

My main thoughts are that treatments like histogen and follica that induce the body to begin the :natural" process of generating hairs to grow will undoubtedly produce much more natural hair growth/appearance. I realize we must wait for that to be shown in trials but it just seems to make sense to me.

What do you guys/girls think??

I hope that Histogen and Follica will prove to be effective treatments for all hair loss sufferers, but I am concerned that there may be a "point of no return" for advanced stages of hair loss beyond which miniaturized follicles cannot be induced to return to the terminal stage, or which new follicles cannot be generated. I am also worried that even if these treatments prove to be effective, they may still not provide the desired coverage and density that many of us would like.

If this is indeed the case, then I think there will be a place for hair cloning. It would facilitate hair transplants for those hair loss sufferers who could not be helped by some of these "natural" treatments or it could supplement them to provide better coverage while avoiding the problems of scarring and long recovery periods associated with conventional hair transplants.

Inactive

It's also the case that any particular hair loss treatment, no matter how effective, is unlikely to work in 100% of patients, so there should always be a market for alternative forms of treatment.