+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default What happens to a receding hairline

hey guys quick question, does a receding hairline fall out or just slowly fade away (through miniturization).
    I run my hands through mine and nothing comes out, even the thin hairs, when tugged dont come out? (been on propecia 10 months)

Get smaller and smaller

so they wouldnt just fall out, or come out in your hand?

thanks

All hair falls out. Thinning hair falls out more often and more often(shorter anagen phase) and each time they come back smaller until they don't grow out anymore and just remain almost invisible short fuzz.

so howcome when i run my hands through mine it doesnt come out, like literally nothing, yet it looks as though its thinning?

Quote Originally Posted by SE19 View Post
    so howcome when i run my hands through mine it doesnt come out, like literally nothing, yet it looks as though its thinning?
    Your hair ALWAYS sheds and regrows, you are constantly shedding hairs, and regrowing them, and you will have phases on a macro scale in which you will shed loads or grow more. MPB just dictates that the hairs that grow back, grow back thinner and smaller in length, thats just how it is, it also dictates that you experience resting/telogen shedding phases more often as opposed to anagen.

The idea is to keep your hair in Anagen phase, the only way to do this is to attack the cause: DHT.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Your hair ALWAYS sheds and regrows, you are constantly shedding hairs, and regrowing them, and you will have phases on a macro scale in which you will shed loads or grow more. MPB just dictates that the hairs that grow back, grow back thinner and smaller in length, thats just how it is, it also dictates that you experience resting/telogen shedding phases more often as opposed to anagen.

The idea is to keep your hair in Anagen phase, the only way to do this is to attack the cause: DHT.
    with MPB do u lose hair faster and does it fall out more? or is it that its a normal cycle but it just gets smaller and thinner the next time it grows

Quote Originally Posted by mothernature View Post
    with MPB do u lose hair faster and does it fall out more? or is it that its a normal cycle but it just gets smaller and thinner the next time it grows
    If you are not genetically predisposed to baldness then no, your hair will continue in its normal growth/shed cycles and re-grow at the same diametre, length as the hair that fell out.

If you ARE predisposed to MPB then 2 things will happen, your hair will begin to go into shed/resting phases more often and the replacement hairs will become continually smaller and finer, eventually, the hairs will be microscopic and your head will be shiny bald<like his.

On a positive note, you will always have microscopic hairs being produced, the stem cells are still active in producing very very small hairs, we just need to find the intracellular pathway to reactivate and signal the stem cells to produce the mature cells that determine HOW a hair grows....

Stem cells determine IF they grow.

Mature PROTG cells determine HOW they grow.

It will slowly thin out. If your hair is really short, you won't notice the hair falling out when you run hands through it. When I had longer hair and ran my hands through it, I would always pull out loose hairs that had fallen out but gotten caught in the rest of my hair. Often you don't notice the thinning except by appearance though because with short hair, the hairs fall off your head as soon as they fall out.

Like everyone else has said though, thinning is not so much losing hairs, as it is having thicker hairs replaced by thinner ones.

Should I get on Dut?

I mean that inhibits both types of DHT, perhaps my scalp is more sensitive to the DHT propecia doesnt effect?

Whats everyone think?