+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Forehead reduction or hair transplant?

Hello everyone,

I would like to ask you somes advises.

I had a hight natural hairline that make my forehead look bigger. I dont have problem of losing hair.

I would like to have a hairline lowering, but I dont know how to choose beetween a forehead reduction and hair transplant.

With the forehead reduction I will have a quick result and after seeing some pictures on internet the result looks great, the bad point is the scar, and I would like to know if this procedure can procure bad consequence in a long term.
    For the hair transplant I would like to know if the result can be natural, I have long and dense hair.

Is someone had one of this 2 procedures for lower their hairline I would appreciate to talk about the result.

Many thanks

Best Regards

mathilda

i also have an experience of hair transplant,the procedure is not so long...and the result is narural.its simple surgery but should be done through the expert sergeons.i had gone through the surgery through the ILHT surgeons ..

Smile Natural High Forehead - Women

Reply to: Mathilda

I had the same question for myself.

I have a naturally high forehead which I wanted to lower. Like you, I had NO hair loss, just a high forehead.

I personally chose the hair transplants.

The reason I chose the hair grafts only, was because with the forehead surgery you will still eventually need to add 600(give or take) graphs to round out the hair line. (the surgery leaves a semi-squared hair line).

I figured, If I am going to need hair grafts with the surgery....I may as well just do all hair grafts.

I did 1730 graphs on my forehead and temples. I am 8 days post-op and healing great! I can see the shadow of the transplant, so I have an idea where my hairline will be when the new hairs grow in all the way.

I may potentially need to add more graphs in a year to get desired density, but then again, I may not. It's way too soon to tell.

30 year old/white female
    Strip technique (flawless scar line!)

Many thanks girls for your answer...!

I think I will go for the hairline lowering because the result is immediate and maybe more natural. My hair is thick and long so it will be hard with hair transplant to get the same density...
    Now i have to find a good pratician, does someone know someone who does hairline lowering in Europe specially in France??

So Lillie how is your hair growing since? are you still happy with the result?
    It looks natural?

Many thanks for you answer and help..

See you...

Bye

Mathilda,

My hair graphs are coming in beautifully. I am on month 4, which is when they said I would really notice the growth start.

The hair is coming in. It is fine and a bit unruly because it is short. However, the thickness and texture will become more and more desirable as the hair is strengthend with time.

Also only about 40% of my hairs have begun to grow. So, I have many more that will sprout soon.

I am excited. This is the first time since I was 12 years old that I forgot all about my big forehead.

To answer your question above, no I don't personally know any doctors in Europe. But I ran accross a blog:

"For hair transplant surgery in the UK, we currently recommend Dr. Besaam Farjo of the Farjo Clinic in London and Manchester. If you are interested in forehead reduction, I suggest either consulting with the Farjo about recommended surgeons in the United Kingdom."

Not sure if it is helpful. AND I don't know a thing about them, but I figured I would pass it your way.

Dr. Jeffrey Epstein in Florida, USA is well known for his fantastic work on the surgery procedure you are looking for.

Lillie,

Do you have any before and after photos you can share?

I am too an interested in having a hair transplant. I have a large forehead relative to the rest of my face. In addition, I have an uneven hairline due to a widow's peak and two cowlicks/patches of baby hair. The baby hair patch is so thin it makes me look bald! My Mom has this too (I guess it's hereditary) and hers is receding with age.

At this point, I'm trying to determine if I should go with FUE or strip. Any suggestions?

Also, I'm in Southern California, and I'm looking at Dr. Kahen in Beverly Hills and Dr. Meshkin in Newport Beach. Has anyone had any experience with either of these doctors?

Thanks!

Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle81 View Post
    Lillie,

Do you have any before and after photos you can share?

I am too an interested in having a hair transplant. I have a large forehead relative to the rest of my face. In addition, I have an uneven hairline due to a widow's peak and two cowlicks/patches of baby hair. The baby hair patch is so thin it makes me look bald! My Mom has this too (I guess it's hereditary) and hers is receding with age.

At this point, I'm trying to determine if I should go with FUE or strip. Any suggestions?

Also, I'm in Southern California, and I'm looking at Dr. Kahen in Beverly Hills and Dr. Meshkin in Newport Beach. Has anyone had any experience with either of these doctors?

Thanks!

Michelle
    Reducing the size of your forehead using hair transplantation can be very tricky. If your hairline us currently thick it will be difficult to match the density with a hair transplant. If you are serious about seeking out a qualified hair transplant surgeon you should only consider IAHRS doctors. The two that you mentioned are not so I would think twice. Go to www.iahrs.org but consider the possibility that a hair transplant may not be the right solution for you.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Marc Dauer, MD's Avatar

Default Forehead Reduction vs. Hair Transplant

This is an excellent question. I have seen multiple patients who had forehead reduction surgery to reduce the size of the forehead and lower the hairline, and unfortunately they were left with either unsightly scars in the hairline or scarring just behind the hairline (depending on where the incision was made). In both cases I transplanted grafts into the scarring with excellent results. I would recommend hair transplantation to lower the hairline as this can give a completely natural result without leaving a scar in the hairline. Also, it will negate the possibility of having one procedure and then another to correct the initial procedure.
    Marc Dauer, MD
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Jeffrey Epstein, MD's Avatar

It is my personal experience, in performing over 50 surgical hairline
    advancement (SHA) procedures, and well over 450 hair grafting hairline
    advancement procedures over the past 15 years, that both of these
    techniques have their indications. Firstly, the SHA is ideal for
    patients who seek not more rounding out but rather forwards advancement
    of their hairline, have a strong stable hairline (without any
    progressive hair loss), and have a reasonably loose elastic scalp.
    Performed properly, as you can see from examples on my website, the
    results are outstanding and quite impressive.

Meanwhile, hair grafting is the most common way to advance the hairline, for it does not require a mobile scalp, and allows for the rounding out of the hairline. However, the density is not as great as obtained from the SHA, and the results can take 8 plus months to present. I have also done both procedures in patients, first doing the SHA for the most dramatic results, then 3 months later performing hair grafts to round out the
    hairline and help conceal any fine line scar that can result in some cases from the SHA. I will make it clear that there are ways to create a minimally to nonvisible hairline scar, with a variety of techniques that I regularly utilize including getting hairs to grow through the incision, and securing the scalp so that it doesn't widen the scar.
    Jeffrey S. Epstein, MD
    Foundation For Hair Restoration

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Default ISHRS Article

This is an interesting topic. Dr. Cole left an issue of the ISHRS forum publication on my desk and I just finished reading the front cover article; "Female hairline lowering in two hours".

Working at Dr. Cole's office, I have seen male patients come in for strip scar repair where the scar is about an inch wide and around 8 inches long across the back of their head. Hopefully there isn't that risk associated with this type of procedure for women.

It's one thing for a man to have a widened strip scar on the back of his head where it can be camouflaged with hair covering it and hair grafted into it. But a wide scar on a pretty girl, front and center is a devastating proposition. The photos available of this procedure are pretty gruesome:

http://www.ndsphotosandvideos.com/

- 35YrsAfter works at Dr. Cole's office