Forehead reduction or hair transplant?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JohnnyCarlton
    • Aug 2014

The hair transplant for lowering the hair line is beneficial, it is a simple and natural process. This procedure is not so long, the expert surgeon will take only one day to complete this hair transplant procedure.

Comment

• Mina
      • Jul 2019

Where did you do the surgery please?

Comment

• Valkyrie
        • Nov 2019

I've had both of these procedures done.

Assuming the patients' issue is a genetically high hairline and not hair loss, the Surgical Hairline Advancement preserves far more hair density than is possible with a hair transplant. Additionally, it lowered my hairline immediately (although I also experienced shock loss - this started regrowing within a few months, and the hair all came back). The scalp that is stretched forward will have the effect of slightly thinning out the natural density of your hair - you will notice this, however others (including hair transplant surgeons who evaluated me later) still perceive it as "natural density", and it's far thicker than you can achieve with FUT/FUE.

A downside of the SHA surgery is the scar - the trichophytic incision that is meant to camouflage the scar on the front of my forehead was partially successful on my hairline, and in other areas the hair grew through in clumps which gave it a "pluggy" look (My friend mentioned it looked like doll hair, and I hadn't told her I had a procedure done). In those areas, the hairline was also completely straight, therefore it looked unnatural. I also still had deeply recessed bald temples (this was due to my original hairline - it wasn't round, it was M shaped like a Norwood 3 man. The SHA was unable to fix this issue) so after healing I went back for a FUT hair transplant. I actually just had this procedure done the other day.

Downside of the FUT: Long wait for results, not as high of hair density as the SHA. Upside: More natural results of the hairline, plus it's able to fill in my bald frontotemporal area.

Honestly: If you need to get a second hair transplant procedure after the first hair transplant anyways to improve density after the first, you might consider the SHA first then followed by the hair transplant to soften the hairline and camouflage the scar - it will reduce the overall time you need to wait for the results, and the end result of hair will be denser than is possible to achieve with 2 hair transplants.

If you do decide to get a hair transplant, find a good physician who only does hair transplants and will be in the room performing the procedure the whole time - there are a lot of docs out there who let technicians do the work under their license, but are out of the room the majority of the time. Since you can never achieve a truly normal density of hair with a transplant, a good outcome depends on hair placement, including orientation of the recipient incisions, hair placement and skill dissecting the donor follicles. Don't underestimate the skill this takes.

Comment

• ALBERT123
          • Jan 2020

it is website
          Best dental implants in Dubai

Comment

• crosbyjada
            • Feb 2020

Hello! Do you like horse racing? Watch them here https://cheltenhamfestivaluk.com/tickets/

Comment

• abhinavbhatt
              • Nov 2020

There are a few reasons why a person might have a bigger than average forehead. In some cases, people are born with a hairline that’s higher on the head. The high hairline can make the forehead look very prominent. As the hair at the front of the head falls out and stops growing back in, the forehead can begin to look bigger and bigger requiring forehead reduction treatment.

Comment

Working...