+ Reply to Thread

Default Rogain to Fin transition?

I am 17 and have thinning hair/receding hairline, I have been using kirkland 5% for a few months and have seen minor results (hopefully it is slow down recession). I plan on going on an extreme touring program which involves camping and hiking and such using minox during that time we'll be difficult and annoying to have to use. (for 2 months)

i plan on starting propecia eventually anyways since its only getting worse but im aware of the side effects and would like to postpone it as much as possible.

should i switch right before i leave? is "switching" a bad idea? will there be a major transition loss? since i know that minox and fin work is different ways im afraid ill loose whatever ive gotten from minox and ontop of that have a fin shed. should i start the propecia and then recude the minox treatment to once a day or possibly less?

any suggestions would be great

Bryan

Anyone????

Shave your head before you leave and don't take anything to wean your body off the minoxidil and have the shed go unnoticed.

After you get back, if you're feeling suicidal about your sex life, get on propecia.

Either way, if you don't shave, the minox shed and the fin shed will coincide, ****ing things up considerably. You won't be getting many chances to wash your hair out in the country either, so it'll look even worse.

My advice, since you're so young, get on TRX2, wash with Nizoral 2% and pray a good cure comes along in 5 years or so

Don't listen to againstThis. He claims that you can spare the shed if you shave your hair off. This is not true. It will still shed, you just wont be able to see it.

What you should do is start taking propecia immediately. It works much better than minoxidil, and is far easier to live with. It turned my head from an nw3-4 to an nw2. I don't have a bald spot anymore, and my hairline is thick.

Don't take trx2. againstThis endlessly promotes it, but it is a fraud. There is no proof that it works. However, there is proof that propecia works.

Rogaine (minoxidil) generally only regrows hair in a minority of men and women. In most cases, the best case scenario for hair growth with these treatments is a thin coverage of thin hair.

The real benefits of Rogaine (minoxidil) is keeping what hair you have or slowing your thinning. Rogaine’s success depends on how advanced your hair loss has become.

You must apply it to your scalp twice a day for life to get and maintain any benefits. Research shows that using Rogaine (minoxidil) only once a day is ineffective. If you stop taking Rogaine (minoxidil) you will lose whatever hair you preserved or regrew within 2 to 4 months. And while Rogaine may stimulate hair growth, it may not prevent the hair follicles from their eventual deterioration.

It’s also true that Rogaine’s effects may diminish over time. Some doctors believe that patients can build up a tolerance after many years of use.

That last statement is very true - try 6 years. I didn't read that when I signed up to Rogaine. I will now board myself up in my house forever and think about those good years.