+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Wow! I wonder how long it will take them to finish this.

Inactive

I say three to four years, but only if the first test runs are according to plan.

This thing is indeed a huge thing, because firstly its designed to simulate a living follicles which can abandon animal testings, therefore those follicles are built to resist.

In other words THIS if finished, is THE final cure for all time. I read somewhere that they can achieve around 10.000 follicles out of 100 extracted as an estimation.

This is effin good and plausible. So in other words with a slight bit of salt i say we have a solution, when we see HST as the first HM technology.

And hair transplant surgeons would still have jobs ... everybody would win with this (except the drug companies but who gives a **** about those crooks).

Quote Originally Posted by RichardDawkins View Post
    I say three to four years, but only if the first test runs are according to plan.

This thing is indeed a huge thing, because firstly its designed to simulate a living follicles which can abandon animal testings, therefore those follicles are built to resist.

In other words THIS if finished, is THE final cure for all time. I read somewhere that they can achieve around 10.000 follicles out of 100 extracted as an estimation.

This is effin good and plausible. So in other words with a slight bit of salt i say we have a solution, when we see HST as the first HM technology.
    So the hairs are multiplied but need to be implanted? So we still need the art of the doctor? Wish it was a different approach but if they can grow robust hairs that last forever, I guess we can't complain. You add this with the rest of the big companies, it seems that we will not be bald all our lives. We might have better hair than when we were 15 ha. I hope!

Inactive

I rather have this to be surgical transplanted then eat Finasterid for the rest of my life. Hair can be restored but if you are impotent......well this is something which will really drive you insane and suicidal.

A bald head can look good but a limb noodle? I dont think so

I rather have this to be surgical transplanted then eat Finasterid for the rest of my life. Hair can be restored but if you are impotent......well this is something which will really drive you insane and suicidal.

A bald head can look good but a limb noodle? I dont think so
    Oh there is NO DOUBT about that. Propecia is a ****ing joke. Anything is better than that shit. I just want a procedure that WILL work for everyone. My biggest fear is watching all these companies fail. They are only valuable if they work for everyone. I don't want any of them to be like Propecia. They claim only 2% get side's but we know that's bullshit or that it has an 80% chance to work. All that is bullshit. We need something that will work for EVERYONE. That's a true cure. Something that will give Dick Vitale his hair back, or at least something close to it. We just need something that will benefit most and it has to be MUCH MUCH better than any of the crap we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    And hair transplant surgeons would still have jobs ... everybody would win with this (except the drug companies but who gives a **** about those crooks).
    And me because I can not even afford a current HT, let alone that one that will probably be even more expensive. Still, good luck with this, it sounds like solution to any one who will be able to afford it. Maybe who knows by then I will be able to afford it.

Exactly, a few hairs could produce hundreds of follicles, the article really blew me away, the photo shots of the follicle are incredible, a fully functional follicle grown from two different types of scalp stem cells.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    And me because I can not even afford a current HT, let alone that one that will probably be even more expensive. Still, good luck with this, it sounds like solution to any one who will be able to afford it. Maybe who knows by then I will be able to afford it.
    It's still a couple years away, you have plenty of time to save money man. I know I'll have enough.

This is going to take far longer than a couple of years lol.