+ Reply to Thread

Default Important News!German Research is making huge Progresses theres new hope for a cure

Im from Denmark and I speak German so I guess im able to inform you about whats going on right now in German research I just read an interwiev with a member of Roland Lausters Team from the technical University in Berlin. As you might now know Prof. Roland Lauster was able to create new hairs out of stem cells. The procedure is very difficult to understand. The first step is they take some hair follicles from the scalp, the second step is they isolate cells out of these hairs and clone them. Step three is they reconstruct the structure which is needed for hair growth with these cloned cells , they use a biomatrix to protect these cells while theyre growing. they just grew these hairs under experimental conditions, so that the follicles were not just as strong as follicles on the human scalp. However according to a member of Lausters team the follicles created by the method should grow even better if they put the follicle into the human scalp. Clinical trials are on the way they are just searching for investors. The procedure would be comparable to a FUE Hair Transplant with the diffrence that these hairs would be created under microscopical conditions before they place them on the scalp. Right now theyre talking about five years before these method would be available on the market. If the trials would be succesfull and the predictions of Lausters team members because of the better conditions in vivo for these generated follicles would become reality theres big chance that this is the Breaktruogh! Just to inform you the technical University in Berlin is one of the leading institutes in Biotechnology in Europe these guys are really respected european scientist . I think it is important to spread this exicting news it seems like we have another canditate for a cure.

Inactive

This topic is already covered on this board here:

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=4025

Quote Originally Posted by DonCarlos View Post
    Im from Denmark and I speak German so I guess im able to inform you about whats going on right now in German research I just read an interwiev with a member of Roland Lausters Team from the technical University in Berlin. .
    Thank you for this information, I do believe we have not had an update since last December, it is pleasing to note that progress is being made and I wish the best of luck to all the researchers involved.

Quote Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post
    This topic is already covered on this board here:

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=4025
    That thread was regarding information from last December, this new thread is an update of a translated interview with the primary researcher involved on their progress since December.

This is basically a translation of an interview with a member of the research team from february 2011 . The most important new informations are that they say that it the weak created follicles should develop even better if they place them into the human scalp.

We need spencer to interview one of these cats.

I agree Spencer should get an interview I think this is an important Issue for the Hair Loss community .Im gonna open up a new post if you want to support the idea of Spencer getting a interview with one of these researchers. please rate it high and leave a comment for Spencer.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    That thread was regarding information from last December, this new thread is an update of a translated interview with the primary researcher involved on their progress since December.
    In which case the subject is already covered on this board here:

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=4567