+ Reply to Thread

Default Is this typical of Propecia?

Hey Guys,

Been on propecia about 10 months now and I have definately noticed that less hairs have been falling. I run my hand through my hairline and nothing comes out at all, unlike before where dozens of hairs would.

Quick question, at closer inspection of my hairline Ive noticed that the hairs there are still rather thin at the base (nearest the scalp) they are like white and look as if they are ready to fall but if I tug on them they dont come out. Is this normal? I mean the hairline doesnt seemed to have thickened up too much...

Will it thicken? will these hairs ive described fall out? whats happening...

Many Thanks

hey man ive been on propecia for like 26 months, and my story is very similar to yours, you sound like me at the 10month mark. My hair is worse then when i started but it has def slowed it down alot. I think most people will have the results like mine, where you dont really notice any improvement, but instead just the very very very slow decrease in hair quality. (as opposed to rapid decrease without it) I keep debating weather to add rogaine, but dont think it will make too much of a difference. Good luck man!

Hey, Thanks for your fast response man,

so are you still receding? I feel like mine is thin and continuing to thin, perhaps until soon I notice it has got back another cm. But when I run my hands through nothing comes out?

I was convinced it was just going to get better, so havent really thought about it, but in all honesty my right hand side specifically looks as though it my be getting thinner....

Thanks

yeah still receding/ thinning...it s a slow process, it sucks. Im pretty sure propecia has been somewhat effective in slowing things down just not nearly as much as i had hoped. When i first started two years ago i just wanted to keep the status quo, now i am contemplating rogain because i need some growth