Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Follicly challenged
    • Mar 2011

Hair loss

Im a 35 year old female, healthy, labs normal. Started seeing hair thinning, loss with combing and showering. Used rogaine for less than a month in december then stopped. Now hair looks thinner than ever. Loss is diffuse but is very apparent at front and then back of scalp. Difficult to cover up. Will this hair grow back even without rogaine if it was there to begin with? Any suggestions, remedies would be helpful.
  • saniaa83
    • Feb 2011

Along with Propecia, Rogaine is one of only two drugs approved by the FDA for treating hair loss.

Minoxidil, (Rogaine’s active ingredient), was originally created as a drug for treating hypertension (high blood pressure). It was then discovered that one of its side affects was growing hair. Minoxidil was then tested for use as a topical application for regrowing hair. The results were sufficiently impressive that the FDA approved it as a treatment for hair loss.

Comment

• angelina22
      • Jun 2014

Drink water lot, do regular hot oil massage clean your hair at least once in a week this all would help to grow your hair to some extend.

Comment

• RobertoMcGurk
        • Jul 2014

Hair loss is a common problem in both men as well Women, hair getting more thinner day by day, there are many reasons for hair loss, you can go for a specific problem, every individual is facing these problem but due to different reasons, first find out the main cause for your problem and then find cure for that problem, you can use best oil product to your hair that will not give any side effects, sometimes we done lots of mistakes from our side and that will cause to these type of problem, don't ever dare to try different hair color, shampoo, oil and hair conditioner in your hair, water is also responsible for hair loss, washing hair with hard water will cause to hair loss, by proper care and natural tips can stop your hair fall, it will not resposible to grow hair.

Comment

• claire
          • Aug 2014

What kind of hot oil are you guys talking about?

Comment

• Luca
            • Jan 2015

Originally posted by claire
            What kind of hot oil are you guys talking about?
            Hair care should be two way strategy; first is to prevent further hair fall and second is to maintain or grow your current hair. One of the easiest ways to prevent excessive hair fall is oil massage. Oil massage helps in increasing the blood flow in the scalp, which in turn stimulates hair growth. Apply a mixture of coconut oil, almond oil and two teaspoons of lemon juice. Leave it overnight and wash normally. Regular usage will help to reduce hair fall thus decreasing the chances of aggravating the baldness. There are various remedies that help you improve your hair like add two teaspoons of honey in two tablespoons of olive oil. Mix them very well. Now add a teaspoon of cinnamon powder and mix well with the honey and olive oil mixture. Apply this on the affected areas of your scalp, leave it for 15 minutes and wash it off. Repeat twice a week for 3 to 4 months to see effective results. Alternatively, you can also do massage with lukewarm basic oils like coconut oil, almond oil, amla oil to stimulate your hair follicles. This also help in improving blood circulation on your scalp as well as relieve your from stress and strain.

Comment

• dimpy3157
              • May 2015

use Shikakai as shampoo, don't use shampoo every day, use herbal oil for hair massage. you can use olive oil for hair growth

Comment

• Rahul dhruv
                • Aug 2015

you can use curd with egg. put this mixture in your scalp and wrap warm towel around your head.
                this may help you.

Comment

• Clinicspots
                  • Aug 2015

Hello Follicly challenged, Its very sad to read that you are facing hair loss problem. My advice would be consult a good hair doctor who can guide you on your situation. As a medical consultant my advice would be don't take a quick decision. Clinicspots- solution for problems.

Comment

• Gargi
                    • Jan 2016

Believe it or not, most of the times, the root cause for hair loss is stress and tension. Meditation can help in reducing that and restore hormonal balance. Eating a balanced, healthy diet is important for a lot of reasons. Healthy foods can really benefit your hair. If you're losing hair, one of the best ways that has been extremely effective in controlling and preventing hair fall is the intake of the right vitamins. Good nutrition, especially adequate levels of iron and vitamin B, is helpful. Good hair hygiene with regular shampooing is a basic step but is probably of little benefit. Jojoba and castor oils are known for their strong hair growth effects. Mixing the two will not expedite the growth process very much, but the jojoba oil will make the castor oil lighter and easier to lather into your scalp. You can also use either alone in your hair and you should see hair growth.

Comment

• eugenix
                      • Mar 2016

Yes you can regrow your hair. Use natural home remedies to regrow your hair. May be some home remedies are available at your home which you can use to prevent hair fall.

Use coconut oil to massage your scalp or head daily for 10-15 minute. Stay hydrate, drink 10 glass water regularly.
                      Avoid physical and emotional stress because stress plays an important role in hair loss.
                      do exercise and yoga.

Comment

• Ken Anderson, MD, FISHRS, ABHRS
                        IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
                        • Sep 2015

In case coconut oil and yoga didn't regrow your hair, there are some other solutions for thinning hair in a 35 year old female that could be considered. Hair loss in females is very different from hair loss in males, and often a work up to find a cause is indicated. Sometimes things as simple as mild anemia or hypothyroidism, which are relatively common in 35 year old females, which can be corrected by taking a pill, can be the source of hair loss in women. There are several blood tests that can be done to look for these as well as more unusual causes of hair loss in a woman your age.

If we assume that your hair loss is not due to a correctable metabolic condition like anemia, and that it's idiopathic in nature (eg: nobody really knows what is causing your hair loss) then there are some treatments that may be of help to you to both slow down the progression of your hair loss, and in some cases appear to reverse the hair loss. These include low level laser therapy (LLLT), platelet-rich plasma (PRP) treatments, and microneedling with fetal growth serums. These are not surgical procedures and leave no scar, and do not use up a limited resource (eg: your donor hair). We have had some real successes with growing hair back using these non-surgical methods. A consultation with a physician who has dedicated his practice to the field of hair restoration surgery is indicated, as these treatment options are not for everyone, and a physician's visit a good idea to assess your candidacy.

I hope this information is helpful to you.
                        Ken Anderson, MD, FISHRS, ABHRS
                        Founder, Director, and Chief of Surgery, Anderson Center for Hair
                        Assistant Clinical Professor of Surgery, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
                        Board Certified, American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery
                        Board Certified, American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
                        Board Certified, American Board of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
                        Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
                        Fellow, International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery
                        Founder and President, American Academy of Hair Restoration Surgery

+1 (404) 256-4247

www.AtlantaHairSurgeon.com
                        View my IAHRS Profile

sigpic

Comment

• nicholson226
                          • Mar 2016

If you really having trouble with your hair and you are able to receive the treatment from Kerala, then I suggest you Nicholson Homeopathy, the best best hair loss treatment providers in Kerala. I assure you that you will get the best solution for your hair problems.

Comment

• JoeZu
                            • Jul 2018

They will, but it's better to enrich them with the needed vitamins, proteins, fats and oils. Also, talk with your hairdresser maybe she has something for you (professional shampoos, conditioners, and hair masks). By the way, what hairbrush do you use? It may seem not very important but it makes a difference for our hair and scalp. I know this cause I also began to lost hair 2 years ago due to stress. And from that time I have a habit to use a wooden hairbrush (to massage my scalp and spread the natural oil(sebum) over the length), the coconut, olive, burdock, avocado oils(I just massage them into my scalp to make them stronger), and heat protection (not only while using the flat iron but as a protection during hot weather).

Comment

• VeronicaGibbs
                              • Jul 2018

In this, age hair loss is really awful. And for any women, this is really a demoralizing sign. After reading your post I assume you are in an initial stage of hair loss problem. I strongly recommend you to first you should consult with a dermatologist. He will help you in a proper manner. And one mistake is common in every hair loss case is taking medicine or remedies without knowing the reasons for it. And in a general way if you ask for a remedy then I would like to recommend you Amplixin hair support system. They have many products in their line so you can pick the best one on the base of what problem you are facing.

Comment

Working...