+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hair loss

Hybrid View

I am a 46 year old woman. Started experiencing hair loss in my early 40's. I neglected to take it seriously the first year and didn't really do a darn thing about it. Boy, I wish I had. My hair loss just progressed into my second year and I finally started doing something about it. I changed my diet, added biotin and vitamins, drank more water, ate more protein, tried virtually every product available on the market prescription and OTC. I think everybody's body chemistry and hair varies, so results differ from person to person even if they are using the same product/regimen. Well, after my 3rd year of hair loss, I finally found what worked. I kept up with the healthy diet and found the My Secret Correctives DHT Blocker shampoo. It worked!!!! I am now using it 2 times a week, and have collected my hair loss along the way to properly evaluate my hair fall. Well, I am now down to losing about 75 hairs per day, vs the hundreds if not thousands I was losing before (at times it would come out in what felt like chunks) which from what I understand is on par with the normal average. YAY!!!! Once, I found out how to stop the loss, I started working on regrowth. I think you have to stop the loss as much as possible before you can tackle regrowth. I found the OMM Collection for REGROWTH & THICKENING. I have been using it for about 5 months now, I officially have new growth, yes it is a little thin as far as the strands themselves, but every month, those thin hairs get longer and thicker. I hope that this post gives all the ladies some hope out there, and inspiration to NOT give up on this fight. If I had given up when the dozens of products and treatments I tried didn't work--while they worked for many other people, I would have never gotten this far. Remember, we are not defined by our hair. We are beautiful regardless.

in general, the hair is renewed and falls out more from time to time, but if they began to fall out, then this is a signal of some serious violations. Try rosemary oil and mint as a preventive measure

Sad to see our fellow females are suffering from hairloss. Start with home remedies if there isn't any noticeable change, then work your way to Rogaine/minoxidil I guess the last step would be AAPE for hair.