Started on Propecia on 3/5/2011 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Default Started on Propecia on 3/5/2011

I intend to make this my propecia diary and will keep constantly updating it with my results. My aim is to prevent further hair fall, and dont care of any regrowth.

Day#1: Immediately after popping the pill, like after 20 minutes I felt anxious. No way could the medicine be digested that fast and actually effect me. I realized it was just in my mind after having read tonnes of material on its ill effects. I went out to play and forgot about the fact that i've taken the pill. All went fine

Day#2: I started feeling good. I do believe Propecia works in the long run, and I started thinking of all the good that can happen. I am young(26 yrs), muscular, relatively good looking, and with no more hair fall, that would seriously be a blast For the past several years I was trying to come to terms with the fact that my hair will be gone soon, but with this drug, I have hope. And trust me guys, HOPE will overrule any possible side effect if any. I started to think more of the benefits and care less of the sides.

I workout daily and will see if this will effect my muscle growth or potential to lift weights. It's simple, if I can't lift what I could lift yesterday, then the drug is effecting me negatively...

Well, pop a 100mg Niacin tablet and see how fast you get a Niacin flush - i get the flush within a few minutes, two or three even, you'd be surprised how fast some stuff gets into your system.

No idea about Propecia, but the body absorbs Niacin at an alarming speed, for me it has done anyway.

Oh, and lets not forget Cyanide caps, pop one of those in your mouth and you'll be dead within seconds!

Yeah, but I could reverse the anxiousness in like 15 minutes when I put my mind in other things!

Day6: I must say there has been a decrease in libido, and today morning had a slight pain in the testicles... I would relate this to propecia, but will continue as I think these could subside soon.

Thanks for the update mate, I am watching your diary very careful, as I contemplate going on Generic Fin. Hope the sides subside soon for you.

i've taken fin. for nearly 12 months now and have had zero side effects, infact if anything it's helped a little with confidence, something to focus the mind on each day (of course a mongst other things), just the fact you know you're trying something to control hairloss is a plus, and in all honesty i think it's slowed down or maybe even halted further hairloss but i won't state that 100% but i will continue to take my morning tablet, no worries.

Good luck Michael85

regards,

Yes I will not stop taking the medicine. thanks for the support

Another update: I've never ever had pimples on my face. But I seem to be getting them for the past 2 days... no big deal, and I guess it is because of some hormonal changes...

Hi guys,

I started on Fin on 2 February so 1 month earlier than Michael. I'd been using Rogaine for 6 years but it's now useless. If I have anything to input I might add it here. Nothing to report so far - no idea if it's working yet.

But in the first 2 weeks I also had testicular discomfort, no more waking up with an erection and loss of libido. I didn't take it for 2 days but have used it everyday since then and physically things seem to be fine. Perhaps they were short lived sides or maybe they will return.

Quote Originally Posted by michael85 View Post
    Yes I will not stop taking the medicine. thanks for the support

Another update: I've never ever had pimples on my face. But I seem to be getting them for the past 2 days... no big deal, and I guess it is because of some hormonal changes...
    Been on generic for 13 months. I have been happy with the results. FYI. I did have some skin/face issues (small pimples) in the very beginning but went away in a couple of weeks.

Keep us updated on the effects it has in the gym.