Started on Propecia on 3/5/2011 - Page 3 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

1 month Update: Side effects were prominent in week 1 and week 2. Morning mood had totally disappeared... But now I am back in full form after weeks 3 and week4.

No side effects as I report this. No loss in muscle strength.... I notice increased shedding, and I am hoping this is the normal shed when medicine starts to work!

hey thanks for keeping the thread updated as im considering doing somthing about my hairloss and this thread is very helpful, king regards

Hi Michael, I don't know if it's been answered here but how old are you?

I'm nearly 29 and started around when you did. I've heard that this is a tough age to start Propecia because it's a prime age for MPB getting aggressive.

Thanks for the update mate. I am following this thread very closely as well, as I started 23 days ago as well. I just turned 25. I am not sure if my shedding has increased or not, as I have cut my hair really short to get the most out of my Minox, but so far I think the other side effects have been minimal.

Smile

Kanyon,

I am 26. Yes I agree, that we are in the age for aggressive MPB. How ever it is dedicated by Genes. The Genes decide what age you shed for good. Hopefully propecia can at-least arrest that shed if not regrow!

Guys, its good to see updates from your side! I have a good felling about this. Let's hope our effort prevails!

2 months update....

There was considerable amount of shed initially .... but for the past 8 to 10 days I feel that is reducing. Also I feel my hair is in general getting thicker... as I run my palm across my scalp, lesser hair seem to be falling out, and i see tiny black hair follicles coming out from scalp (new hair i guess, which was lost in the shed phase)... All in all, I can surely state that hair quality has improved, and hairline has stopped receding!

No sexual problem as I report this.. No loss in muscle strength!

Michael, I wanted to ask about your progress yesterday but I forgot my password!

That's great news about your progress!

I've now been using it for exactly 3 months. While I can't say I'm seeing new follicles (and don't expect to), I do think that my hair loss has ceased or slowed to some extent. A lot of hair is still falling out when I run my hand through it or in the shower but this has always been the case for me, even during the years when Rogaine worked for me.

The way things were deterioriating so rapidly before I started using Propecia and the fact that it doesn't appear to be any worse now, suggests that it may be working. However this could be because my hair is longer and I'm doing a better job of covering the thinning parts.

Generally my confidence is up as I feel it may be working. No significant sides felt lately but I'm not waking up with morning wood very often and my sex drive may not be as it used to be but I'm ok with this as I can perform when I need to.

good luck to you michael85, I also will start taking Propeica in about 2 weeks. After I consult Dr Fellar, I think its important to consult a surgeon. They can evaluate your situation better ...

Alright dudes, I too started taking propecia recently, I've just completed the first month. Also 29 years old.

Too early to notice if anything is happening to my hair, I'll try to assess that 3/4 months in although even that's too early to be objective.

For me the first month was just to try it, see if I got any sides and, if none, give it a year or two. Up to now the only thing I've noticed, which may or may not be down to propecia, is some dark circles around my eyes. It could also just be down to less than awesome sleep but I wondered if any of you guys have noticed anything similar around your eyes?

All the best

I'm coming up to my fourth month now and I don't believe it is working for me. My hair is incredibly thin, wispy and is not looking any better.

Infact I think I have lost a bunch of hair at the rear of the top of my head (is that the crown?) and vertex.