Started on Propecia on 3/5/2011 - Page 2 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Michael 85,

I started taking generic propecia (finpecia) on 3/11/11 and I was ok for about the first 4 days, then I noticed that my usual morning boner has been gone for two days. I also had a few pimples.

The organ still works, but the usual morning wood being absent kinda worried me. Hope that isnt a permanent affect.

Post back and let us know how we are doing. I started less than a week from when you did.

Quote Originally Posted by 57mph View Post
    i've taken fin. for nearly 12 months now and have had zero side effects, infact if anything it's helped a little with confidence, something to focus the mind on each day (of course a mongst other things), just the fact you know you're trying something to control hairloss is a plus, and in all honesty i think it's slowed down or maybe even halted further hairloss but i won't state that 100% but i will continue to take my morning tablet, no worries.

Good luck Michael85

regards,

youve been takin fin for 12 months now and can't say if its slowed or halted your hair loss?

Wouldn't that suggest that it has halted or slowed the process. Because I don't know about you but if I used nothing for 12 months I'd lose a heap of hair.

Quote Originally Posted by kanyon View Post
    Wouldn't that suggest that it has halted or slowed the process. Because I don't know about you but if I used nothing for 12 months I'd lose a heap of hair.
    No, to me if you''ve been taking fin for 12 months, you should be able to for sure, 100 percent, tell if it has halted your hairloss or not. That seems a little odd to me that he has been on it for 12 months and can't for sure state whether it has or not. It also seems like a gigantic waste of money.

2 Week Update: After 1 week I moved onto Generic Propecia. Morning libido is back to normal, pimples have stopped occurring. Everything appears to be back to normal. I do see increased shedding of my hair (but doesn't this mean that propecia is working!)

My workouts are normal and absolutely no change in strength is noticed.

PS: I hope the generics I am taking is the real medicine, and not some junk. It's called Elpecia, sourced from India.

Where did you buy the drug?

From pharmacy2home ...

ok, sorry guys, if i had to say for sure (gun to my head and all that) then yeah i'll say at the very least it's stopped my hair from shedding the way it used to, but without a hair counting machine and the use of real hypothetical scenarios i can't say much at all, if i hadn't been taking it for the last 12 months would i be in a worse state than i am now? i really don't know, it's hypothetical, all i know is i'm going to carry on taking the drug as it ain't overly expensive to me and well, if it is one huge placebo effect we're going though then so be it.

i'd guess - lets say - 70ish% of people that take the drug have done the usual 'internet research' and came to the conclusion that Finesteride is the drug to take, now, as far as i'm concerned no further trials have been taking place since when this drug became FDA approved so all that new users have is the intial trial results (which was what, anyone know?)and then/now the results of people taking this drug and reporting their findings in forums like this.

sorry if my experiences are in no great amount of detail but i try to switch of from the hair losing game best i can and reframe from looking in the mirror for anything longer than a few seconds or i'd go insane, so, erm ...losing thread a little here..., i'd say i'm going to go on with the drug and feel it's halted my hairloss, ok i should have said that from the start, haa!

regards and good luck to everyone,

nice, friendly up !!

Week#3 Update: I think I am in the shedding phase now. More hair seems to be falling out... In my case I had given up any hope of retaining any hair.. So if propecia helps, then it helps.. Else its fine with me!

Most Sides have disappeared. Morning mood is back and the little one seems to be behaving just fine!

No decrease in physical strength.. Bench pressed 140 pounds the other day!

Let's see what happens next week!

PS: Back to original Propecia(not generic). Ordered a fresh batch of generic propecia from www.pharmstore.com . Hope this store is reliable!