+ Reply to Thread

Default Medication management after hair transplant

Hello. I am new to this form and I’m looking for some advice in regards to medication management. I had a hair transplant in 2015 with Dr. Jerry Cooley. It was extremely successful. I have been on finasteride since but have seen a diminished benefit. I was just wondering what the recommended Medication’s are at this point. Unfortunately they were not able to fit me in for a medication consultation for six months. I remember at my last visit in 2017 he mentioned dutasteride and minoxidil. Is there a standard dosing or recommendation for these currently . A particular pharmaceutical manufacturer ? Really appreciate any insight.

I'm new too and interested to know any insights.

Minoxidil (Rogaine). Over-the-counter (nonprescription) minoxidil comes in liquid, foam and shampoo forms. To be most effective, apply the product to the scalp skin once daily for women and twice daily for men. Many people prefer the foam applied when the hair is wet.
    Finasteride (Propecia). This is a prescription drug for men. You take it daily as a pill. Many men taking finasteride experience a slowing of hair loss, and some may show new hair growth. It may take a few months to tell whether it's working for you. You'll need to keep taking it to retain any benefits. Finasteride may not work as well for men over 60.

The standard dose for finasteride is commonly advised as 1 mg per day. Dutasteride, which is a stronger version of finasteride, is usually prescribed at a dose of 0.5 mg to 2.5 mg per day, depending on your individual and specific needs.

Minoxidil is usually applied topically to the scalp, at a dose of 2% or 5%. Can be used twice a day.

But keep in mind that you should always see a doctor face-to-face for drug prescription. As i said there are different applicable doses regarding the best dose / medication for you, as they will have a chance to discuss factors such as your individual medical history, overall health, and current hair loss condition with you.

Good luck on your healing!

Hey there! Thanks for sharing your experience with medication management after a hair transplant. It's always best to consult with a doctor to determine the best medication and dosage for you, as they can consider your medical history and hair loss condition. That being said, it's good to know these medications' standard doses and forms. Thanks for sharing that information! If you're looking for natural hair restoration options, I recently discovered Miami Hair Transplant Clinic, which offers a variety of options, such as platelet-rich plasma therapy and low-level laser therapy. It might be worth checking out! Here's the link*https://miamihairtransplantclinic.com