+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Ok, so 1 bottle down. Nothing to really report. It should be noted that my results based on TRX2 will be hard to detect, unless my overall diffuse thinning begins to reverse. While I have gotten a transplant in the frontal region, I will definitely be able to tell if its working since I have these two thinning quarter size areas on each side of my temples. I typically spray some toppik on it and its gone. If TRX2 is working for me, I'll know if toppik is no longer needed in the this area.

BTW, for those of you who are not using Nizoral....you are making a big mistake. I'm also using 5% minox on the crown at night once. This is making a HUGE difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Deluxe View Post
    Ok, so 1 bottle down. Nothing to really report. It should be noted that my results based on TRX2 will be hard to detect, unless my overall diffuse thinning begins to reverse. While I have gotten a transplant in the frontal region, I will definitely be able to tell if its working since I have these two thinning quarter size areas on each side of my temples. I typically spray some toppik on it and its gone. If TRX2 is working for me, I'll know if toppik is no longer needed in the this area.

BTW, for those of you who are not using Nizoral....you are making a big mistake. I'm also using 5% minox on the crown at night once. This is making a HUGE difference.
    Hey Deluxe, what exactly is making the huge difference do you think? Nizoral or the Minox?

Quote Originally Posted by Jcm800 View Post
    Hey Deluxe, what exactly is making the huge difference do you think? Nizoral or the Minox?
    Jcm, I'm not sure since I started both at the same time about 1.5 months ago. They both work in different ways so it could be either one. While I'm only applying the Minox 1 time (rather than the suggested 2x a day), I have been using the Nizoral (over the counter 1%) 2-3 times a week leaving it in for 2-4 min. I think it is probably the Nizoral at work pulling the most weight. In any case, there is no harm in Minox if you apply it at night and nobody notices.

By the way, I wash my hair everyday with a Shampoo called Folicure, which you can find at Sally's or probably any haircare store. Its a blue and red bottle (pretty big) for like $10-$20 can't remember cuz it lasts so long...Its made specifically for thinning so you can use it everyday without stripping away all the essentials on your scalp.

I know a lot of people are afraid to shampoo all the time becuase it leaves their hair very dry and sometimes even results in extra sebum since the shampoo's typically strip away all of the oils on your scalp. This shampoo allows me to use it everyday (which gives me more volume when I blow dry), and not have an oily scalp.

I would look into these things...from what I recall, weren't you using some new shampoo someone had suggested?

On the related TRX2 topic...I was just thinking that if this was a big scam, and this product didn't work anyway, you would think that they would recommend only taking one tablet a day but only giving you 30 (this would help them cut costs and increase margins). Why take 3? I would want to sell as much as possible at a high price, with the lowest costs to get the most out of the scam while it's short lived. They know that eventually the truth will come out right?...

Quote Originally Posted by Jcm800 View Post
    Jcm, I'm not sure since I started both at the same time about 1.5 months ago. They both work in different ways so it could be either one. While I'm only applying the Minox 1 time (rather than the suggested 2x a day), I have been using the Nizoral (over the counter 1&#37 2-3 times a week leaving it in for 2-4 min. I think it is probably the Nizoral at work pulling the most weight. In any case, there is no harm in Minox if you apply it at night and nobody notices.

By the way, I wash my hair everyday with a Shampoo called Folicure, which you can find at Sally's or probably any haircare store. Its a blue and red bottle (pretty big) for like $10-$20 can't remember cuz it lasts so long...Its made specifically for thinning so you can use it everyday without stripping away all the essentials on your scalp.

I know a lot of people are afraid to shampoo all the time becuase it leaves their hair very dry and sometimes even results in extra sebum since the shampoo's typically strip away all of the oils on your scalp (and results in overproduction). This shampoo allows me to use it everyday (which gives me more volume when I blow dry), and not have an oily scalp.

I would look into these things...from what I recall, weren't you using some new shampoo someone had suggested?

On the related TRX2 topic...I was just thinking that if this was a big scam, and this product didn't work anyway, you would think that they would recommend only taking one tablet a day but only giving you 30 (this would help them cut costs and increase margins). Why take 3? I would want to sell as much as possible at a high price, with the lowest costs to get the most out of the scam while it's short lived. They know that eventually the truth will come out right?...

Jcm, I'm not sure since I started both at the same time about 1.5 months ago. They both work in different ways so it could be either one. While I'm only applying the Minox 1 time (rather than the suggested 2x a day), I have been using the Nizoral (over the counter 1%) 2-3 times a week leaving it in for 2-4 min. I think it is probably the Nizoral at work pulling the most weight. In any case, there is no harm in Minox if you apply it at night and nobody notices.

I know a lot of people are afraid to shampoo all the time becuase it leaves their hair very dry and sometimes even results in extra sebum since the shampoo's typically strip away all of the oils on your scalp. This shampoo allows me to use it everyday (which gives me more volume when I blow dry), and not have an oily scalp.

Also, if it were a scam, you'd think they would add a shitload more ingredients to make it look like they'd come up with a 'secret formula' of mystery ingredients. To people who think the relatively small amount of ingredients, and commonality of the ingredients listed, is a sign of a scam - try getting a grasp of the rationale behind scamming first you nobs.

Not saying TRX2 is going to work for everyone, or even half, but I'm pretty sure the makers intend for it to do so.

Yeah i tried a shampoo called Avalon - a herbal one. Was fine to start with but with regular use it dried my scalp. I began to take a dis-like to it and havent used it for over a week.

I do use 2% Nizoral tho, and love the stuff. I'm also thinking of getting some 5% Minox foam and like yourself, use it at night-time once a day.

I wish i could give a definitive up-date on TRX2. I am seeing in the outer reaches of my temple hairline 'fuzz' and it's looking to be growing to me.

Now the doubt is this - is it just my hairline miniturizing? Or is this new growth coming through? I can't be sure at present, but i'm watching it, and i'm thinking it's a good sign, because i use two mirror's when i'm scrutinizing my hair - one mirror i can see fuzz quite well. One i can't.

In the mirror that i usually can't, well fuzz looks to be becoming easier to see. Maybe it's mind trick's? Dunno, but it's all i can say right now

Nearly two bottles down - and hair worse than ever been. Hairline is thinning, hair is lank, not impressed at present, either this is my natural progression and TRX2 isnt doing jack-shit for me.

Or, it's old weak hair's making way for new growth? We'll see.

Day 83: http://img641.imageshack.us/g/dsc01866l.jpg/

Comparing this to Day 0, I can see a slight improvement. Hairloss has completely stopped and what I do lose is all telogen and really thin.

So we have two scenarios:

A) It's doing jack shit and my hairloss is just stabilizing on it's own.

B) It's working as maintenance.

C) It's working as maintenance and regrowth is slowly coming along.

The next two months will be the most interesting by far.

Hey against, it kind of looks like you lost a little along your temples but could just be camera tricks.

You sure you havent lost any?

For the first month after beginning TRX2 I could pick 6-7 hairs out at a time from what is left on top so I was basically experiencing a mini-telogen effluvium. Immediately after that, I saw the new fuzz on the temples. This has yet to come to much.

What is worth noting though is that now when I tug at my hair I will get at most two hairs coming out, which is normal. Also, the hair I have left is becoming less kinked, more manageable and seems to be stronger.

I'm not currently expecting miracles from the product but if it stablilises things then I could be a 5000 graft transplant away from a full head of hair without having to use propecia or minoxidil.