X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gmonasco
    Inactive
    • Apr 2010

New hope for bald heads

Using hair from animal cells though somewhat thinner than normal, researchers are optimistic they could grow human hair from stem cells within a year and have it implanted on the bald spot.

Though a working method for stem cells to mature properly in bald regions, this could allow hair to re-grow creating a hope to reverse baldness. This could help people wear their own hair until they are ripe with old age.

• UK_
    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by gmonasco
    Using hair from animal cells though somewhat thinner than normal, researchers are optimistic they could grow human hair from stem cells within a year and have it implanted on the bald spot.

Though a working method for stem cells to mature properly in bald regions, this could allow hair to re-grow creating a hope to reverse baldness. This could help people wear their own hair until they are ripe with old age.

http://www.observer.ug/index.php?opt...ving&Itemid=89
    So they extract human stem cells and GROW the follicles outside and then implant the grown hair follicles into the scalp?

How on earth can they take stem cells from the scalp and grow them outside of the body into full follicles? Surely the stem cells need to be injected back into the scalp for them to grow, which is exactly what Aderans are already working on.

Comment

• RichardDawkins
      Inactive
      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by UK_
      So they extract human stem cells and GROW the follicles outside and then implant the grown hair follicles into the scalp?

How on earth can they take stem cells from the scalp and grow them outside of the body into full follicles? Surely the stem cells need to be injected back into the scalp for them to grow, which is exactly what Aderans are already working on.
      Well i guess they use this new device called syringe, then they use this rubbish like microscope and then use DNA reproduction to create more cells under lab conditions.

But i dont know exactly because science is evil and gmonasco should be burned on a haystack this heretic :-)

Joke aside, you could almost grow everything in petri dishes

Comment

• gmonasco
        Inactive
        • Apr 2010

Originally posted by RichardDawkins
        Joke aside, you could almost grow everything in petri dishes
        Now if only we could turn the human scalp into a petri dish ...

Comment

• RichardDawkins
          Inactive
          • Jan 2011

Thats what they gonna do next :-) i think that it is pretty good that they finally realize what they have to do to get hairs back.

See it like this, a little piece of shit calle propecia is able to slow down hairloss (in pill form) so what can an active attack with full force work?

Comment

• CVAZBAR
            • Dec 2010

Isnt this the same as the German dude reporting he grew the first hair with stem cells and predicted the end of baldness in 5 yes? This article says 1 year. I wonder what researchers are the ones saying this.

Comment

• gainspotter
              • Aug 2013

Really excited by this!!

Comment

• Breaking Bald
                • Aug 2012

Originally posted by gainspotter
                Really excited by this!!
                Why would you revive this old thread....!!!??

Comment

• iaskdumbquestions
                  • Dec 2015

Lol this is so depressing...

Comment

• AlexieJ
                    • Jan 2016

Originally posted by UK_

I totally agree! It's no difference so I am not impressed at all looks like a copied idea on a little different approach maybe.

Comment

• BoSox
                      • Jun 2010

Is this a joke?

Comment

• allTheGoodNamesAreTaken
                        • Aug 2015

I wish they'd lock these ****ing threads, they're worthless and irritating at this point.

Comment

• Raymond Tusk
                          • Jun 2016

Long time lurker (since 2011), first time poster, and I just have to say I think that threads like this, and "S-equol again", and especially "I think I've hacked it" need to die. Things were so optimistic a few years back and its sad that nowadays all the top posts are just dead necro threads that new/dumb people read and respond to while not realizing that the thing is 3+ bloody years old.....

Comment

• gainspotter
                            • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Raymond Tusk
                            Long time lurker (since 2011), first time poster, and I just have to say I think that threads like this, and "S-equol again", and especially "I think I've hacked it" need to die. Things were so optimistic a few years back and its sad that nowadays all the top posts are just dead necro threads that new/dumb people read and respond to while not realizing that the thing is 3+ bloody years old.....
                            sarcasm pal.

Comment

• amit101kumar
                              • Jan 2016

Hair Building Fibers - These fibers are processed under the stern guidance of 'expertise', experienced professionals using utmost quality chemical compounds and latest line of attack to formulate a balanced product.

teleone

Comment

Working...