X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ravegrover
    • Jan 2011

Need to STOP Toppik/Dermmatch

Hello Everyone,

I have thinning in frontal area and around the temples. Have been using Toppik/Dermmatch for 5 Years now. Worked well up until now. I'm 38.

As Im thinning more & more this stuff doesnt look that good anymore. Not sure that it ever did but the paint/powder is visible and I'm better off without using any. I'm prepared to accept the inevitable at this point.

Any suggestions on how to make the transition are welcome. Thats the tough part. One day you have hair and the next you don't. Anyone else who stpped using this stuff please let me know. Thanks.

Rave
  • bcarter5252
    • Nov 2010

get a really short haircut, and it will appear as if the "new look" is the cause of looking as though you have less hair. Otherwise it will be too dramatic a change with the same length of hair you have now. Once you do it you will feel liberated. Not having to spend time every morning putting that stuff on and worrying all day if people know. Trust me, I used to use toppik and when I finally stopped I felt like I wasn't always paranoid someone would find out.....Good luck

Comment

• Dr. Glenn Charles
      IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
      • Nov 2008

Have you ever considered shaving your head? That would certainly throw everyone you know for a loop.
      Dr. Glenn Charles
      Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
      View my IAHRS Profile

Comment

• ravegrover
        • Jan 2011

thank u dr.. but i think if i did that i will look like a guy from the future.. i want to make peace with my baldness & look natural..

Comment

• ravegrover
          • Jan 2011

thank u bcarter5252.. im officialy toppik free & loving it

Comment

• DAVE52
            • Sep 2010

What may I ask, did you do ?
            How short did you cut it ?

Comment

• ravegrover
              • Jan 2011

well i went for #2 buzz cut overall. i have little or no hair around temples so left that toppik free. in center i still have hair so i use sme toppik on that area only. gradually phasing that out as well.

Comment

• ravegrover
                • Jan 2011

bcarter5252,

this is an old post but just wanted to let u know i completely stopped using toppik & i truly feel liberated. i think most pple knew i painted my scalp and everyone thinks i look much better without it.

Comment

• Still-Researching
                  • Feb 2010

Happy to hear that. I takes courage but when you try the short hair look, you get used to it and it is really nice to not worry about styling etc

Positive post, we should have some more of them.

Comment

• jholcollege11

Hey guys, I appologize for commenting on such an old post, but I really am curious about dermatch or toppik. I shave my head with a number 1 guard (1/8 inches) and I have a bald spot on my crown with many micro hairs that are barely visible under light. Also I have thin hair on front, but thick hair on sides that comes to middle of my head. Would either of these concealers work for me with such a short hairstyle?

Comment

Working...