+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Best HT Surgeons in the US- A discussion

Hey everyone, I am new here and was doing some research on the best HT surgeons out there.

In all my research these last few weeks, I have narrowed it down and found that these 5 surgeons are for the most part the best surgeons in the country for a hair transplant. I will probably be doing a strip procedure (not FUE) and I know that is what Dr. Feller specializes in. So if I am just doing a strip procedure, does Dr. Feller still have any advantage over the others?

Aside from setting up consultations and then assessing, how can I narrow it further? What are some pros and cons of each of these surgeons? I really don't want to make the wrong choice and I want to pick the best surgeon possible for the procedure.

Are any of these surgeons better than the other? Any information would be appreciated. Or maybe we could have a discussion about these surgeons (or anyone else who is comparable in your opinions.

Dr. Hasson/ Dr. Wong - Vancouver, Canada
    Dr. Feller - New York
    Dr. Bernstein - New York
    Dr. Cole - Georgia
    Dr. Wolf - Ohio

Also, to take it even further, I am leaning towards Hasson and Wong for the time being. Is there a difference between those two, or is one better than the other?

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

You left out Dr. Ron Shapiro who definely desrves to be included in that group.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

Is there a reason why you didn't include Dr. Rahal?

It all boils down to personal choice and getting a feel for the Doc you feel embraces your goal and psyche. Combined with good ethical honest guidance.

Do not limit yourself to travel to find the doc that best suits you and your goals. Getting a connection with your doc is important. Get several in person consults lined up with several top leading guys to get an overall vibe and feel.

All you will gain here is opinions from various sources, some have not even had a HT.. The best and only opinion that matters is yours. No short cuts to getting the right doc for you. it comes from research and effort. Educate and empower yourself with facts and knowledge surrounding Ht's and then you will be able to get a clearer picture of who is right for YOU.

Other guys you have left off who i would trust me head with:

Dr Charles
    Dr Gabel
    Dr Lindsey
    Dr Shapiro
    Dr Alexander
    Dr Rahal

Here is a comprehensive list of questions acquired from various posters online with experience to help:

Make sure you have these written down and any other questions you can think of. Also if at all possible take someone with you you trust as your emotions will be running high and its easy to forget to ask the relevant questions.

1.What kind of procedures do you perform does the clinic perform ie. Strip, FUE , BHT - if so for how long and ask to see results and be put in touch with actual patients.

2. What type of donor closure does the hair transplant surgeon use? Does he use sutures or staples, and why does he use his chosen technique?

What type and size of instruments does the hair transplant doctor use to make recipient incisions?

3.What is the length of time that this hair transplant physician has been performing hair transplant surgery?Ask about his credentials and experience and governing bodies he /she are assosiated with.

4. How many hair transplant technicians are employeed with their clinic? What is the length of time each hair technician has worked for the clinic?

5. Ask if you are a good candidate and ask for an explanation to why? Ask to see similar comparisons.

6. What is the state of your donor region and how many grafts does the doc feel can be safely harvested in one session and via multiple surgeries / methods?

7. Gain an estimate of how many grafts you require now and also how many are likely to be required in the futured based on your goal.

8. How good your donor laxity and how you can improve this prior to surgery IF required. can they demonstrate

9. Make sure you discuss YOUR exact goals (hairline, temples, forelock, crown, hair density, hair coverage, etc)

10. Ask how many grafts the doctor will use in your balding area

11.Ask if your goals are reasonable and if they can be met with your hair characterisitcs.

12. Establish how suitable you are for a HT in their opinon.

13. Very importantly ask if you can meet or talk to previous patients in similar circumstances to yourself. Also ask to see testimonials and plenty of photos.

14.Ask about costs involved eg. prices of consults(if applicable), amounts per graft and additional aftercare, medications etc as most clinics vary from some degree and its good to know exactly where you stand!

15. Can I get a reduced fee for short notice surgery? Travel reimbursement?and ask how long their wating list is.

16. Discuss medications such as propecia and finasteride to help prevent further loss. Ask if they can perscribe?

17. Does this hair transplant clinic dissect hair grafts from the strip using a microscope?

18. Ask about post op and pre op instructions. Can you have a list (hardcopy)

19. Can you record the entire consultation? If no, walk out.

20. Have they had any HT surgery? If so who with?

Take your time and research hard. Get informed and all the very best!
    Best
    Spex
    Last edited by Spex; 03-04-2011 at 11:01 PM.
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

true and dorin do some top notch work

Limmer HTC in San Antonio has to be among the best in the US.

Doctor Representative Limmer HTC's Avatar

HairyDude,
    You are 100% correct.

anyong22, send/post some photos.
    Jessica :-)
    Tracy Mills
    HT Coordinator
    Limmer HTC

www.limmerhtc.com
    limmerhtc@yahoo.com

Who are the top doctors for filling in strip scars with FUE. Who has experience using beard hair?

How wide is your scar?

This is the scar when buzzed down to a #1
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	buzz #1 011.jpg

Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	9042