+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Should I give up all hope of regrowth? What are my chances?

I'm 23.

I lost a significant amount of hair on the entire top of my head over the course of just a few months last year (especially around the temples and at the crown, but without the hairline receding). I've been on Propecia and Rogaine for 11 months, and so far I don't think I've noticed any regrowth. My hair has stopped falling out, but that's not saying much since there's hardly any left to fall out. Even when I buzz my hair on a 2, you can still notice how incredibly thin my crown and temples are. You can literally count the hairs.

Will my hair ever grow back? I've become a total hermit because of this and I hate looking at myself in the mirror

I can't simply accept it. I went from being a really good-looking guy to a sickly-looking shadow virtually overnight. I wish it was just a bad dream.

What are my chances of regrowth? If it was going to happen, should it have happened by now?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ugly.jpg

Size:	6.6 KB
ID:	8740  

Unfortunately, it looks as though you may have hit the peak of efficacy with regard to the meds you're using. Have you spoken with your doc about this? I don't know if there is a chance of the meds working at this point. There may be others here who could answer better than me.

I understand the inability to accept hairloss; indeed, it does suck. I am definately worse looking now that I'm bald;there is no question about it. I had a lot of girls interested in me when I had my hair; that was a long time ago. Like yourself, I lost my hair so rapidly that I didn't have much time to adjust. It happened in about 4 years and bam, I was a Norwood 6. It began at 17, and by 21 I was ****ed.

If I'm not mistaken, you are in med school. Having worked hard enough to get accepted, if I was you, I would try to focus on that because you will have a bright future ahead of you.

I am in school as well; however, as far as I'm concerned exercise is the best stress relief. It doesn't necessarily make me the happiest bastard on the planet; however, it is a good distraction and makes me feel better. Life happens, and sometimes the dice don't roll our way. The busier we are with our lives, the less we will think about our problems (whatever they may be). The worst thing anyone can do is isolate himself in a room all day, and emotionally and physically rot. I did this when I was 20 and it got me nowhere.

im in a similar situation to you. at least ur hair has stopped falling out! You shouuld just grow ur hair out longer and it will cover the slight areas that are balding for now. Just keep it long and nobody will notice

Try nizoral.

Cut is shorter

IMO growing it longer people will notice it more

Will my hair ever grow back? I've become a total hermit because of this and I hate looking at myself in the mirror

I feel you, i'm in that club too. And you know, people say "go out, forget about it, have some fun" yeah, have some fun, while everyone that has seen you with hair, now tells you "WTF dude you're going bald" Like if you don't have a mirror at home and you can tell for yourself that you're going bald, people have to remind you. You know, it's something that you can't even escape any where. Every one will remind you that you're going bald. I am 1 year younger than you, 22, started receding at 17, now I guess because of all the meds halting further loss I kinda look like what you have. Life in your early 20's is just not the same without some good ol head full of hair. I was like you, I went from a very confident guy, girls liking me, to now rarely going out, always wearing a hoody or a baseball cap. I'm doing everything I can but it's just not enough. That's what Minox and Fin are all about, just something to spend money on to do enough to just slow down your hair loss, but at the end of the day it's just not enough.

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE52 View Post
    Cut is shorter

IMO growing it longer people will notice it more
    It's situational, really. My hairline receded quite a bit, and the top of my scalp has thinned out significantly. But when I have a buzzcut its EXTREMELY obvious that the hair is thin. If it's longer, it's not apparent unless my hair is wet. Guess it depends whether he wants to "put it out there" or not.

---EDIT--- He has a nearly bald spot in the crown. I guess it's not that great of an idea to grow it long. A buzzcut may be the only viable option unless that fills in a bit.

Hiii zero_confidence_balder

Don't loose hope. You are not fully bald. How could you give up so easily without making any effort